Saturday, December 19, 2009

More on Blueberry Muffins

I just published my first eBook, Blueberry Muffins, Everyday Stories of God's Love, a compilation of several articles first published in Christian magazines.
These are true stories about times when I have experienced God's loving presence in my life. I share them with you in the hopes that you can notice and remember those moments when you, too, have experienced His love. 
To purchase, go to the left sidebar and click on Buy Now. You will be brought to PayPal.


EXCERPTS 
Advent Dark, Christmas Light
“I came into the world as light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in darkness.” John 12:46
Every Christmas I struggle with stress and long lists of things to do. There are gifts to wrap and cookies to bake. Crowded malls and tight budgets. Trying to remember the reason for the season can be a challenge. Trying to avoid the hassles of the holidays can be almost impossible.
But this past year was worse than usual. It wasn’t only the stress. My world seemed to be wrapped in darkness. And I saw no shining star to guide me to Bethlehem. I was trying so hard to escape the darkness, I had no idea that I was standing in the middle of the light. I was trying so hard to find the true meaning of Christmas, I had no idea that I was living it..

God Sent Me Blueberry Muffins
Our God is a God of surprises. The surprises are often consolations that fill us with joy, like children opening Christmas presents. We sometimes miss these surprises because they occur in ordinary experience and we fail to recognize God hidden in them. But every once in a while God comes out of hiding to remind us we are not alone. And we know we have received a gift. I have learned that some of the best gifts come in small packages...

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction
God Sent Me Blueberry Muffins
Annunciation
My Eye Has Seen You
A Father’s Love for His Son
Blessed Are They Who Mourn
Advent Dark, Christmas Light
My Prayer Chair
On Retreat, In God’s Arms
Afterward
About the Author 

3 comments :

Mary333 said...

Congratulations on your E-book! I noticed when you put it up. Do you need to have a paypal account to order this? I rarely order things online but I am curious about your book.

Colleen said...

Thanks, Mary. Yes, you need to create an account with paypal. It is free. If you click on the Buy Now button for my book, it brings you there. If you have any problems, let me know and we will figure something out. Thanks! God bless!

Mary333 said...

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try to set up a paypal account this week sometime.