Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sabbath Moments All the Way to Heaven

Sabbath Moments are those moments or hours or days that we take to honor God, to rest in God, and to put God first on our list. No agenda needed. A time to Just Be.
1. One day this week it started raining. I was in the office, feeling a bit overwhelmed with my to-do list and the noise. I did not like feeling annoyed, so I went into the conference room, pulled up a chair to the window and watched the rain. I listened for God, I thought about God, but did not speak. I was only there for 5 minutes but it was truly a Sabbath Moment that I needed. A time to Just Be. (What is it about rain anyway?)
2. I took time after dinner every weekday evening for about an hour in order to spend some quiet time with the Lord. Sometimes I read. Sometimes I listen to music. No agenda.
3.One of my favorite quotes is from St. Catherine of Siena - "All the way to heaven is heaven." It has been on my mind all week long! So when I thought of it, I would stop what I was doing and say a short little prayer.
The quote
reminds me to live in the present moment and not worry about where I am on the spiritual journey. So I try to take a Sabbath moment whenever I can, and enjoy the journey.
4. My hubby is away today. I will have some alone time I do not get very often! So I plan on keeping the Sabbath this afternoon. Maybe ALL afternoon.

If you would like to share your Sabbath moment(s), please copy my Sabbath Moments button into your post. Then come back here and sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, share about it in a comment! Hope you will join us! God bless.



8 comments :

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I liked your rainy day Sabbath moment. I love the rain; there is something special about sitting quietly with the rain and with God. (I even like the thunderstorms -- and especially the rainbows that come afterward.)

Karinann said...

Colleen,
I like that quote from St. Catherine.I hope you enjoy your afternoon to yourself. I know what you mean about the rain~I could just watch for hours.
Thanks for your recent comments. I never thought about my Augustine post as a God Moment~may have to use it next week :)
Thanks and Gods Bless!

Yira said...

I love rainy days. When people run I walk through the rain. The light tough of a light rain on my face is cleansing. You are an inspiration. Thank you.

Colleen said...

Elizabeth, I love rainbows too! They always seem to come when I need to know that all is well. Must be a God-incidence! Thanks for visiting!

Karinann, that was definitely a God moment. Thanks for participating in the meme again this week. I always look forward to your posts!

Yira, thank you for your comment. I love rainy days too. God bless.

~ Judy ~ said...

Your Sabbath Moment at work sounds "heavenly" :)
I had not heard that quote of St Catherine's before!!! THANKS, I love it!
Thank you for hosting this meme each week!

RAnn said...

Thanks for the remider that we need silence.

Colleen said...

Judy, thanks for participating in this meme every week. Glad you liked that quote. It is one of my favorites!

Colleen said...

RAnn, you are welcome!!Thanks for your comment.God bless.