Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sabbath Moments -Light in Our Darkness


Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, share about it in a comment! Hope you will join us!
1. My BIG sabbath moment was at Midnight Mass. Every year it reminds me of what Christmas really is. It is like taking a sanity break from all that running around before Christmas. Stop wrapping. Stop writing cards. Stop baking cookies. Focus on Jesus. Celebrate the Birth. The Light shines in our darkness. A new day is dawning. God is with us.
2. On my way home from work Wednesday, I saw a full moon. The clouds were all pink and orange from the sunset. Once the sun disappeared, the moon really brightened. It was a blue moon!! The second full moon in a month. Did anyone else see it? Such miracles we see every day.We just need to stop and look and listen.
Happy New Year!

10 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like what you write.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

God bless.

Mary333 said...

Colleen,
I think Mr. Linky is down. Maybe he's taking the weekend off ;) I have my Sabbath Moment up, though.
I enjoyed your Sabbath moments, I didn't see a blue moon outside, but my husband was watching a game on tv and they showed a picture of the beautiful blue moon!

Karinann said...

Hi Colleen,
Couldn't find Mr. Linky so here is the link to my post:
http://daysblessings.blogspot.com/2010/01/sabbath-momentssix-simple-words.html
Love your Christmas Sabbath Moments.
Saw the blue moon here in NJ as well. In fact as I got up this morning I could still see the hazy ring around it. Ain't God grand! :)
Thanks for hosting!

~ Judy ~ said...

AWESOME Sabbath Moments Colleen!
Thanks so much for helping us pause and ponder these things!

Mary333 said...

Oops! Sorry, Colleen! Mr. Linky was just taking a coffee break ;)

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you for your compliment. Happy New Year to you and your family, too!

Mary, I guess Mr. Linky did take a coffee break, Weird. Thanks for your kind words. The moon was beautiful. God bless.

Karinann, Mr. Linky is working now so I put your link in. I missed the hazy ring. God is grand indeed!!:) God bless!

Judy, thank you Judy. I am also glad for these memes we do because they help us to pay attention!! God bless.

John said...

Happy New Year. God's mercy is new every morning, in his light we find our way.

Colleen said...

John, thank you. Happy New Year!

Debra said...

That moon was beautiful and I happened to notice the next night it was also very pretty and bright!

Colleen said...

Debra, thanks for your comment. Yes, it was gorgeous! Glad you saw it too! God bless.