Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Finding Sabbath Time

It is time again to share those moments when we notice God's presence, those moments when we take time to just BE with God. Sabbath moments are those times when we find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share in a comment!

1. All the prayers and support during my husband’s illness have made God’s love visible to us. Each card, each question of concern, each promised prayer, were sabbath moments, moments with the Lord.
2. Eucharistic Adoration – always a Sabbath moment – a very special Sabbath moment.
3. On the phone, talking to my mom, both of us getting sillier by the minute. Laughing til tears run down my cheeks. First really good laugh I have had in days. Joy is the infallible sign of the presence of God - Teilhard de Chardin
4. Busy week, meetings after work. I had to struggle to find some moments of solitude each evening. Prayers and Christian music, always soothing, always inspiring. Silent time. Sabbath time. Thank you, Lord.

8 comments :

Eileen said...

I will pray that the Lord will touch your family and help hubby get better. May you experience more of this joy in your life that you mentioned!

evanscove said...

Yes, Eucharistic Adoration is always a Sabbath moment.

I'll keep you and your husband in prayer. I hope he is doing well.

It's good to hear that you and your mother are able to laugh together. Laughter is the best medicine, after all. :-)

Evan

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Laughter - joyful laughter - is God's way of lightening our loads. Laughing with your mother is something you will always treasure.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

So glad that God sent His love through others when Rich was not feeling so well.
And that scene you describe with your mom is awesome. SUCH blessed times with our parents, as they age.

therese rita said...

I inadvertently posted this on last week's thread. I'm re-posting because it's important to me:

This week I learned that one of my brother priests who posts on my blog regularly has a possible recurrence of cancer. Situations like this compel me to put my money where my mouth is & grow in Trust in God. This tumor is growing behind his eye & his surgery for excision is scheduled for next Tues morning...if anyone can remember him in prayer, we'd be obliged!

Colleen said...

Eileen, thank you for your prayers!

Evan, Amen! We all need that gift of laughter!

Barb, I agree. Totally. Thanks! :)

Judy, very blessed indeed. I will remember that moment always.
As for Rich, God does have a way of comforting us by sending us people we need eh?

therese, will definitely pray for him. Thanks for letting us know!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Praying for your husband, too.

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you so much!