Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - January 26

I love Wednesdays because it is the day I can join my friend, Judy, in this thankful meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Thank you, Judy, for helping me keep an attitude of gratitude!
Some of my blessings this week -
1. My husband and I enjoyed one of our Christmas gifts this weekend! We received tickets from some of our children to a live production of South Pacific! I had seen the movie but not the play and it was awesome! The talent, the voices! I was truly thankful for this thoughtful gift.
2. When you get a scare like we did when my hubby went into the hospital, you are reminded of what is really most important in your life and you learn to appreciate every moment. I have not taken one moment with my husband for granted and I am so grateful that he is doing well and I thank the Lord for each new day.
3. I feel so blessed to be a lector at our church. To be able to proclaim the Word, to minister in this way is a blessing and a joy for me.
4. I am so grateful for my faith. I am so thankful that I was led to the Catholic Church. It is here in His Church, that I have found Jesus.
5. I am so grateful for my children and grandchildren. Here is an adorable picture of my youngest grandbaby!! He is 7 months old now! Where does time go?


9 comments :

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

LOOK at those beautiful baby eyes!!!!
MY how he has grown!!!!
I'll bet seeing that live show was indeed EXCITING! What a thoughtful gift from your kids!
Thanks so much for joining us each week and giving thanks to our wonderful GOD!

munchesmom said...

Where does the time go, indeed! He is so precious!

Congratulations on not taking the moments w/ your DH for granted. I'm glad to hear he is doing well & will continue praying for both of you.

BTW - I just finished reading "Blueberry Muffins" this morning. Very well done & heart-felt. Thank you for writing & sharing it!

Colleen said...

Judy, his eyes are like his dad's - blue and large like that. Thanks! God bless!

munchesmom, thank you for your prayers! and your kind words about my Blueberry Muffins! Glad you liked it! I am working on a new one. God bless!

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

My son was on the stage crew at his Catholic high school. I went with them on a field trip to New York to see the play South Pacific. It was great! Every single one of your posts this week has reminded me of my father and his years in the service. South Pacific also involved actors who were in the military. These are some of the best stories around to here!

Colleen said...

Eileen, oh!! I bet it was great seeing South Pacific in New York! Thanks for your comment! God bless!

Maria said...

I've heard South Pacific is incredible live. I'd love to see it. What a beautiful grandson you have!!! He is absolutely adorable.

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you! He IS adorable, isn't he? :)
I hope you so get to see South Pacific live sometime. Wonderful show. God bless!

Jamey said...

Your grandbaby is so adorable!

Colleen said...

Thank you Jamey! I think he is too! Of course! :)