Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sabbath Moments - God's Loving Mercy

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are also those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
Some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. Attended a moral theology class with my husband. It was for deacons and we wives were invited. It was pretty heavy with a lot of material crammed into 4 hours but I enjoyed it and learned a lot. Amazing how theology, which is all about head knowledge, can lead one to prayer and to reflect on God and his loving mercy.
2. Woke up this morning to the sound of a light rain falling outside my window. I felt warm and dry and cozy in bed and I just laid there listening to the rain, and thanking God for this moment and for the rain and for the feeling of home.

7 comments :

Karinann said...

Thanks for sharing these Colleen. Moral Theology~I'm impressed!

Mary333 said...

Thanks for hosting this meme, Colleen!
I'll have to take your word on that moral theology class (yawn)
buuuut
I can relate to being warm and cozy in bed (good yawn this time) ;)

Just teasing! I'm sure it was interesting! God bless you, Colleen!

Colleen said...

Karinann, LOL! Don't be TOO impressed! It is quite heavy. I usually go for the "spiritual" presentations like parish missions rather than theology, BUT I thought I would give it a try. It is quite interesting. Hugs!

Mary, LOL! By the 4th and last hour of the day, the yawns are coming. Too much information coming at us too fast. And when we start hearing about Augustine's and Aquinas' teaching, oh my! BUT I am learning something and am looking forward to discussing specific issues like abortion and euthanasia. Nice to have you back, Mary!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Just visiting to say hello.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you for stopping by!! God bless.

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Beautiful moments. I love waking up to the sound of soft rain falling, too. :)

Colleen said...

Carol, it is so comforting isn't it? Thanks.