Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Pray and Play

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are also those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
Some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. Lunch with a friend, discussing God and our spiritual life. I do not have a spiritual director right now so we regularly get together to discuss our prayer life and support each other. Taking time to talk about our life with God is a beautiful sabbath moment.
2. I drove to work one morning and sat in my car a few minutes, just looking around. There are a couple of big trees in front of my favorite parking place and I noticed a lot of activity. Squirrels!
There were about 10 or more squirrels running from limb to limb, following each other like they were playing "Follow the Leader!" And the funniest part was when they hopped from one tree to the next! Each of them would jump, grab the flimsy limb, hang there for 2 or 3 seconds getting their bearing and then continue their "game." I was enjoying this scene so much, I almost forgot to go into work!
What a peaceful and joyful moment, sitting there, watching God's creatures. Laughing. Thanking God.
To think some playful squirrels could give me a sabbath moment! But it reminded me of how we all need to find time to play!

4 comments :

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

How wonderful to have a friend with whom you can discuss things of your spirit! Your time watching squirrels sounds like such fun! Guess what?
One of the children left our basement door open the other night...and guess what kind of overnight guest we got INSIDE the basement? That's right...a squirrel!!!! My husband heard a curious, yet familiar sound and went to investigate! We've not had THAT type of visitor indoors before! LOL

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Love the thought about play. Oddly, I was just thinking about that same thing this morning. We are out of town with family attending my uncle's funeral and the break in routine is welcome.

Mary333 said...

Colleen,
Good friends are a blessing! Especially ones you can talk about God with!

I'm a squirrel fan, too :) I only wish they could make up their minds on which direction to choose when they are in the street!

Colleen said...

Judy, amazing! We both had fun with squirrels this week! Love it. LOL

Barb, I know what you mean about needing a break in routine. It is SOOO welcome. Prayers still for your uncle and your family and you!

Mary, yes, good friends are indeed a blessing. Praise God! And I also agree with your squirrel comment. :)
Thanks for joining me!