Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Words Not Enough

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are also those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
Some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. Beautiful full moon the other night. I loved just sitting outside, looking at it, and I said a little prayer, thanking God for his amazing gifts.
2. Eucharistic Adoration. Words are not enough.
3. Someone texted me. She was feeling depressed and anxious. I talked to her about praying. She texted back - someone had just called "out of the blue" and helped her calm down. I told her that her prayers had been answered by the call. She said - I told her you would say that. I saw the smile through the text message! Just a few minutes - one quick prayer, and God was there.

5 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Isn't it great that God isn't bound by time and space? All we have to do is think of Him, ask Him for whatever we need for our good or the good of others, and He is there. We are so lucky to have such a loving Father.

evanscove said...

Your contemplating the moon reminded me of a rhyme I learned as a child:
I see the moon.
The moon sees me.
God bless the moon,
and God bless me!

Sounds like God blessed you that night!

Evan

Mary333 said...

I love looking at the moon and stars at night too, Colleen. This earth is really pretty, isn't it?
I smiled when I read number 3! God is so quick to answer prayers when someone is suffering - He used both you and someone else to minister to your friend in a time of need.
I really am a chihuahua this week, you know. I wonder at what age children outgrow this sort of thing? (lol) Tonight I am babysitting for my sister and I just know the kids will want to watch Beverly Hills Chihuahua again. It'll be a barkfest here :)

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Again...our Sabbath Moments are in harmony with each other! The sky...and Adoration...Thanks for hosting this each week, Colleen!
I'm so happy your friend had you to lead her to prayer.

Colleen said...

Thank you all for joining me this week!

Barb, amen to that! We are very lucky!

Evan, yes God blessed me! Love that rhyme!

Mary, yes, God gave us many beautiful gifts, didnt he? Barkfest eh? sounds like fun!

Judy, yes we were in harmony again! Thank you!