Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - Communities and Chocolate

I love Wednesdays because it is the day I join my special friend, Judy, in this thankful meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Be sure to also check out her website when you visit! Thank you, Judy, for helping me keep an attitude of gratitude!
Some of my blessings this week -
1. My mother - a doctor thought she had a blood clot in her leg, but thankfully the ultrasound revealed there was no clot. Thank you, Lord!
2. Blogging & Facebook friends - so many of my blogging and Facebook friends prayed for my mom when I asked for prayer. Recently Pope Benedict said that social media can be used to spread the gospel. Over and over again, I have seen people doing that, through prayer, as well as through informative and inspiring writing. Thank you, Lord, for showing us that there is more than one kind of community, more than one way to come together and pray and support one another. More than one way to love our neighbor.
3. My parish - we have an active parish, vibrant, spirit-filled, warm and welcoming. We have a real sense of family there, a feeling of belonging. My hubby and I have been members since the very first Mass, 20 years ago last fall. Thank you, Lord, for leading us to this faith community.
4. Springlike weather - warm during the day, cool breezes at night. Reminds me of the Holy Spirit - ruah. Thank you, Lord!
5. Chocolate - I really love chocolate, but I am worried. The local news announced tonight that there might come to be a shortage of chocolate in this country. If that happens, I may lose the will to live. (Just kidding... I think.)

15 comments :

Jean Wise said...

OH a chocolate shortage!

I love your lists and this one made me smile! So glad your mother is doing better too.

Karinann said...

Thanks for sharing your blessings with us, Colleen. Glad Mom does not have a clot.
A shortage of chocolate! Say it ain't so! I am still trying to get the FDA to declare it a major food group. :)
Hugs and God bless!

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

Love your list this week! I had a clot in my leg after giving birth to #5. It just disappeared. I'm glad your mom is o.k.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

No chocolate? That's not good news. I can't have it in the house because it disappears so fast:)

I hope your mother keeps in good health.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Seriously???? A chocolate shortage???
WHY?!? You must tell us more about this!!!
I am so glad that your mother is in good health...and so happy that your online friends were able to help with prayer! (Myself, included!!)
Being part of the same parish for 20 years is soooooooo beautiful. I hope that we have that in our current parish...I would love that.
Thanks for joining us today...and I always love how you put it:
"An attitude of gratitude" xo

Colleen said...

FYI - the news of a possible chocolate shortage - HONEST - seems that there is a drought and also political unrest in West Africa where we get the cocoa for chocolate. Also, there is an increased desire for dark chocolate which uses more cocoa. I really saw this on the news and I googled it, too. I will post the link!

munchesmom said...

A shortage of chocolate...whatever will we all do? I gave it up for Lent one year & it was the longest Lent - EVER!

A wonderful list of thanks this week. I hope that we can say the same in 18.5 years when we've been at our parish for 20 years! Leaving our former parish was hard, but we LOVE our new one.

Colleen said...

Jean, thank you! Glad to make you smile!! I love to male people smile!

Karinann, I just posted a blog with the title of Say it aint so, not remembering you had said it here! Anyway, I don't like the idea of life without chocolate!! A major food group, huh? LOL
Hugs!

Eileen, glad to hear your clot disappeared! can be really serious! Thanks for your comment!

Barb, thank you! (I agree, a chocolate shortage is NOT good news!

Judy! Seriously!!! Thanks for your prayers and support! I really feel blessed to be in the parish I am. Just a great community.
I TRY to keep that "attitude of gratitude" everyday Not easy. But I try and your meme helps!

munchesmom, I agree about the chocolate! And I am glad to hear you Love your parish so much. God bless!

Mary333 said...

These are great blessings, Colleen :) I'm glad the test came out negative on the blood clot!

Ouch! # 5 hurt though! Say it ain't so!

Colleen said...

Mary, thank you!!! God bless! As for #5, I hope it ain't so!! :)

RAnn said...

There can't be a chocolate shortage...that would be worse than a gas shortage

Colleen said...

RAnn - I so agree!! :)

Carol@simple_catholic said...

So glad your mom didn't have the clot!

Kathleen@so much to say said...

I heard the chocolate thing a couple of weeks ago. Crossing my fingers that they figure out the solution before the supply runs out!

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you!

Kathleen - me too!!!!!