Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - Valentines

I love Wednesdays because it is the day I can join my friend, Judy, in this thankful meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Thank you, Judy, for helping me keep an attitude of gratitude!
Some of my blessings this week -
1. My hubby - we do not usually make a big deal out of Valentine's Day but my husband surprised me with a beautiful card, a gift and a wonderful dinner. He even baked me chocolate chip cookies which are my favorite! What a guy!
2. Eucharist - I am always so thankful for the opportunity to go to adoration. I am thankful for being Catholic and for my devotion to the gift Jesus gave us - the gift of Himself.
3. I am also thankful that people have been helped and inspired by my book, The Third Floor Window. It is now available as a Nookbook, which is pretty exciting!
4. My oldest son  - he celebrated his 29th birthday last week! He has brought so much joy into my life since the very first moment he was placed in my arms. (Actually, from the very first moment I knew I was pregnant!)
5. My adorable grandson - we sent him his very first Valentine and my son and daughter-in-law video-taped him looking at it! How cool is technology? How cool is Landan?

7 comments :

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

Love your list Colleen! What an awesome grandson - CUTIE PIE!

munchesmom said...

OMGoodness, Colleen...he is SO precious! I LOVE that little laugh of his.

Great list this week! You do have MANY blessings to be thankful for!

Mary333 said...

Colleen,
That was awesome! Your grandson is adorable! He obviously liked the card a lot :)

Great news that your book is now available on the Nook. You know how powerful I thought your book was and I hope many more people get an opportunity to read it.

That was sweet that your husband even made you cookies!

Colleen said...

Eileen, thank you!

munchesmom, thank you! I love that laugh, too! Sounds like he is trying to talk.

Mary, yes hubby is so good to me! And that video was precious wasn't it? Thanks for your kind comments on my book. God bless!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh how ADORABLE Landan is!!! I can imagine how YOUR heart soars to watch this video as my own is bursting and he's not even MY grandson, LOL!

Congratulations on #3...how the Lord will bless you in heaven for the comfort and healing you bring to those who have suffered.

You were on my mind during my whole hour of Adoration this morning...so please know that I was entrusting YOUR continued healing and intentions to Our Sweet Lord!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Oh, and BTW...YAY, Rich! What a guy, he is! (I prayed for his good health this morning, too!)

Colleen said...

Judy, thank you for your prayers! Oh yes, my heart was soaring!! So adorable! will be seeing him soon! Woo hoo!