Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sabbath Moments - God-Incidence

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are also those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
I have had a week that has been TOO busy. Too busy because I hardly found time for silent prayer and I have missed it. I had one of those weeks where I prayed "HELP" a lot.
So Thursday evening, after dinner, I went into my bedroom to spend some time in prayer. As I sat there in the silence, I started thinking of a friend I have not spoken to or seen for a long time.
We were roommates at Pecos Monastery in NM where we both got certified as spiritual directors and also became Benedictine Oblates. It was an intense shared experience that brought us together as friends for life.
I was not sure why her face came to mind so I said a little prayer for her. Then after my prayer time, I checked my email and wouldn't you know? There was an email from my roomie. She was asking for my prayers.
Guess I need to tell her that the Spirit beat her to it. I was already praying for her.
One moment of silence is all God needs to speak to our hearts.

8 comments :

Jade said...

How amazing that is! :)
Sounds like a God-incidence to me.
"One moment of silence is all God needs to speak to our hearts"~~Yes!

Jean Wise said...

great post. We have to be intentional about our time with God or life to crowd in and take it away. Many undervalue silence. I sure don't.

Mary333 said...

Isn't it wonderful when this happens? I love God-incidences! They show us that God has everything well in hand and they build our faith and trust in Him! Loved it!

By the way, "HELP" seems to be one of my most frequent prayers :)

Colleen said...

Jade, I am always amazed when this happens. God bless!

Jean, I long for silence all the time. I do not get enough of it. You are so right - we have to make the time.

Mary, me, too (Help is a favorite prayer of mine).
Yes, these God-incidences surely build our faith and trust. And remind us how God is in all details of our lives and wants to be. Awesome!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Loved this Sabbath Moment. I'm trying to train myself to pray for a person whenever I think of them. Maybe someday I'll get better at it.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

THAT is so awesome. Thanks for sharing. I will say a prayer for your friend, as well.

Colleen said...

Barb, I know what you mean. I am not always aware of the significance of suddenly thinking of a person. One time I got the nudge to call someone that I do not usually call. I felt funny but I did, and it turned out they really needed that call from me!! So I TRY to pay attention. Doesn't always happen though. We are just human I guess.

Judy, thanks for praying for my friend and for joining me in this meme every week!

Kathleen@so much to say said...

When people talk about ESP, I think they're talking about this.