Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Jesus is Our Light

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are also those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
I am glad to be back to posting this meme after skipping last week because of Easter. Here are some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. Despite my disappointment at the turn out at a Mass for victims of child abuse, the Mass itself was beautiful. The readings were great. The gospel was the one from Matthew about not being afraid because "you are worth more than many sparrows." Also Jesus said - "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul."
The music included Amazing Grace and Shelter Me, O God and I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say. In that song, the last verse begins - I heard the voice of Jesus say, "I am this dark world's light..." and ends with "I looked to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun..."
Beautiful words. Healing words. Words of hope. Thank you, Jesus, for bringing light into this dark world.
2. Spent Easter Sunday with my stepchildren and children and many of our grandchildren. My youngest son could not be there - :( - but we plan to see him soon! My youngest grandbaby whose pictures grace this blog quite often was the hit of the day! It was a fun and joyful day filled with family.
3. The Triduum was quite moving as usual. My favorite 3 days of the year to be sure. The liturgies are always so moving and I was blessed to be able to lector on Holy Thursday. Throughout these days, I shed many tears of joy.
Hope you all had a blessed Easter!
Photobucket

4 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

"I heard the voice of Jesus say" is a wonderful devotional hymn. So glad it was a part of the Mass. It is a favorite hymn of a priest friend of mine.

Happy Easter, Colleen!

Colleen said...

Barb, it is now a favorite of mine! Happy Easter to you too!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Just think of all of the angels and saints who were at that Mass with you...and then you'll see that the turn out was much better than you'd expected!
So glad you had special "grand-dumpling" time for Easter...my blogging friend, Cinnamon, calls her grandkids that and I think it's the cutest thing! Thank you for hosting this meme!

Colleen said...

Judy, thanks for reminding me about the angels and the saints! I love that - grand-dumpling! God bless!