Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Peace and Play

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are also those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
1. Another crazy week and I was so tired, I dragged myself to work and then dragged myself back again. I was due for my Remicade infusion (for my RA) so I am hoping that is what it was. The 2 hour infusion gave me time to slow down and look out the big windows at the trees and birds and butterflies. Have I told you how much I love butterflies?
2. Eucharistic Adoration. As usual, I have no words to describe my time with Jesus.
3. Spent last weekend with my son and his family. Had plenty of Sabbath moments just being with them, watching my grandson crawl like crazy all over the place and testing his limits for the very first time in his life. Playing with a baby is a really beautiful Sabbath moment.
4. I am home alone right now. I am sitting in my chair in my living room and I can hear the chimes ringing on my porch - beautiful music in the middle of the silence. Ahhhhhhh. Peace.
I wish you all a beautiful and blessed Holy Week. While I hope we all experience many Sabbath Moments, I will not be posting this meme next week because of the holy days. See you in 2 weeks. Hugs to all!

9 comments :

Jade said...

Wind chimes are one of my favorite sounds... lovely. :)

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Wind chimes are favorites of mine, too. Playing with a young child is fun and brings us close to the joy we have in God.

Mary333 said...

Hi Colleen! I hope you are feeling better after the infusion!

My parents have wind chimes at their house and the kids love them. They constantly tap them to get them chiming :)

Glad you got to spend the weekend with your son! Playing with babies is fun! I miss it!

Karinann said...

Hi Colleen,
Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing these wonderful sabbath moments with us.
Have a blessed Holy Week!

Jean Wise said...

Love your Sabbath moments but sad to read about your weariness. I too had that this week - due to traveling and trying to do too much - but now am feeling more relaxed - grateful for that! Praying you are feeling better

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Number 3...oohhhhh, so true...babies are SUCH Sabbath Moments. Thank you for reminding us...and for sharing your beautiful family with us, too:)

Colleen said...

Jade, thank you!

Barb, I think you are right. That joy is wonderful.

Mary, thank you. I am still tired. Hopefully tomorrow will show some improvement. Thanks for joining me this week!

Karinann, thank you. Hope you have a blessed Holy Week too!

Jean, I am glad you are feeling better! I hope to feel better in another day. Have a blessed Easter.

Judy, thank you! God bless!

evanscove said...

I don't know what Remicade is, but I hope it's helpful for you.

As usual, excellent Sabbath moments, taking pleasure in the little things in life. (I need to get back to contributing to this weekly meme.)

Evan

Colleen said...

Evan, Remicade is a medication for Rheumatoid arthritis. It is one of the newer ones.
I do not expect everyone to join me every single week in this meme. Life gets busy for all of us. But I do miss you! :)