Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Prayers, Friends and Rest

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are also those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
1. More evenings this week spent in silent reflection and listening to Gregorian chant. This seems to be the way the Lord has called me to pray this Lent.
2. Took a day off and, feeling very tired, I just relaxed: watching TV, reading, resting, praying. No work. We all need days like this once in awhile.
3. Out to eat breakfast with friends after Mass, sitting on a pier near a marina and enjoying the warmth of the sun, feeling the gentle breeze, watching the birds. Laughing with our friends. A beautiful morning filled with God.
How was your week? Do you want to share some of your sabbath moments?

7 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Hi Colleen. Gregorian chant is such peaceful prayer. The silences in the chant are as important as the notes. We inherited chant from the Synagogue so it is an ancient way of praying. I'm so glad you enjoy it.

Good friends are priceless. Glad you enjoyed some time with them.

Jade said...

Colleen, these sound like really peaceful moments. I agree that it is important to take a little time for ourselves...to rejuvenate and replenish our energy. :) :)

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Oh, how delightful that number 3 sounds...I can almost hear the bird-song and feel the warmth of that Florida sunshine! Thank you for encouraging us to "notice" the beautiful moment God places before us each week.

Mary333 said...

Great moments, Colleen! I love going out to breakfast with friends after Sunday Mass too!

I hope to rejoin you soon for the Sabbath Moments meme. I don't know what's with me lately but hopefully I'll come of it.

God bless you, Colleen! I hope the RA is better now that spring is here!

therese rita said...

Even living in the hot South, I still love long spring & summer evenings. God seems to bless everything with the gold of the setting sun...so I can relate to that moment that you mention.
I'm also grateful for resting in prayer & experiencing that residue of peace that follows time with the Lord.

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

Hi Colleen, I'm sorry I posted today's post on January 15th too. Therefore, I went ahead and reposted for today. I'm new at blogging and trying to get the hang of it. Sounds like you really had great sabbath moments this past week. What a wonderful meme I have try harder to participate in.

Colleen said...

Barb, I agree. Chant is peaceful. And friends are priceless. God bless!

Jade - Amen! Peace and rejuvenation both are needed! God bless!

Judy, yes, it was delightful! We all need to notice these moments eh?

Mary, no problem. Join me when you can.

therese rita- thank you. Glad you liked my "moments"!

Eileen, thanks for joining us! I am glad you like this meme. I find it helps me pay more attention everyday. God bless!