Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - April 27

I love Wednesdays because it is the day I join my special friend, Judy, in this thankful meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Be sure to also check out her website when you visit! Thank you, Judy, for helping me keep an attitude of gratitude!
1. I loved Holy Week and the time with my family on Easter Sunday. Such a beautiful and grace-filled time. Thank you, Jesus.
2. Books - I love books. Usually I read non-fiction, especially Catholic non-fiction, but sometimes I enjoy a light fun fiction that just entertains me. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you Lord, for the gift of books and reading and writing!
3. My birthday is this week and my husband is planning a special dinner for me and he already took me shopping! What fun! He spoils me. Thank you, Lord, for bringing this wonderful man into my life. And thank you for all my birthdays!
4. I am grateful for my job. I love working at the church. And we got Easter Monday off! I got some much needed rest- we had a 4 day weekend! I really enjoyed that extra day.
5. Prayers - I love spending time with God in prayer, especially time before the Blessed Sacrament. I love the prayers that many of the saints have given us. And I also appreciate my family and friends praying for me.
How about you? What are you thankful for?

Photobucket

16 comments :

OrdainedPraise said...

Happy Birthday, Colleen! Us Apil buddies got to stick together! Love your thankful list. I can especially relate to spending time in prayer. Have a great week!

Colleen said...

Ordained Praise - thank you!! Happy Birthday to you too!

munchesmom said...

Happy Birthday, Colleen! I hope it is a WONDERFUL day for you!

What a faith-filled list this week! You are truly blessed! I just finished a really good trilogy (fiction) by Cindy Woodsmall that takes place in Amish PA & OH. The first book is "When the Heart Cries." They are quick reads & I really enjoyed them.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

What a joy-filled list!!! And, I LOVE your new blog background and header! Here's to a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY Colleen; which, it seems, Rich has already begun to make it for you:) I'm glad you have that guy, too:) Thanks for joining your grateful heart to mine.

Colleen said...

munchesmom, that book sounds good! Just up my alley! Thanks.

Thank you Judy! Glad you like my list and my blog look! What fun I had! God bless!

Connie Arnold said...

This is a wonderful week for giving thanks following Easter. Thanks for sharing your list, Colleen, and have a wonderful birthday!

Colleen said...

Thank you Connie! I agree! It is a wonderful week to give thanks!

Anne said...

Happy Birthday Colleen! And Happy Easter, too!

Mary333 said...

Good! He SHOULD spoil you :) Happy Birthday, Colleen! Hugs!!

Colleen said...

Anne, thank you! Happy Easter to you too!

Mary, thank you! Hugs back!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

First of all Happy Birthday and may God bless you on your birthday and always.

Secondly, you ask for a suggestion for "light fun fiction" book. How about my book "Visions" - Christian fiction. There's a link on my Blog.

Best wishes.

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you for the birthday wishes and for the suggestion. Why didn't I think of that?? God bless!

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Great post..

Colleen said...

Jackie, thank you! Have a great weekend!

Sue Elvis said...

Hi Colleen, I followed the link from Mary's blog, "The Beautiful Gate". I have discovered a whole new circle of interesting blogs!

A Belated Happy Birthday! April: the perfect month for a birthday.

For good reading, I have just finshed reading Ellen Gable's "In Name Only" which was wonderful. Have you read this? Now I reading her book, "Emily's Hope." For a non-Catholic fiction read, I'd recommend Alexander McCall Smith's Ladies Detective Agency series. THese books are so delightful.

I hope I am not intruding on a discussion between friends.

God bless!

Colleen said...

Sue, thank you for the book ideas!! And the birthday wishes! No, you are not intruding. That is what the comments are all about - for us all to have a conversation!! Thanks for visiting! God bless!