Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - April 6

I love Wednesdays because it is the day I join my special friend, Judy, in this thankful meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Be sure to also check out her website when you visit! Thank you, Judy, for helping me keep an attitude of gratitude!
Some of my blessings this week -
1. Lent - this time of renewal and prayer and devotions - why do I wait til Lent to do some of this stuff? I love Lent and the closeness I feel to Jesus.
2. The Seven Sacraments - I remember my youngest son once telling me that he wanted to be a deacon because he could receive all 7 sacraments! Sacraments are encounters with Jesus. To think that we encounter Jesus every time we receive the Eucharist and every time we go to confession. What gifts Jesus gives us through His Church.
3. Rain - we had some rain this week and we really needed it! Makes it really feel like spring.
4. My job and my co-workers. It is a privilege to work for the church and to work with others who feel the same way. I take it for granted sometimes and I need to remind myself what a blessing it is.
5. My husband - my best friend, who makes me laugh and fills my life with joy everyday. He is the sunshine of my life! Thank you, Jesus.

8 comments :

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

What a beautiful reminder for us to appreciate Lent and the sacraments. Remembering our Faith is so important. On that note, I will now do our Lenten devotional. Thank you for putting what is most important in our minds.

Jade said...

Lent is a wonderful time of renewal and closeness...you're right, this intimacy can be experienced at any time during the year.
I also love rain and hope it rains a little more today. The rain slows me down and relaxes me :)

munchesmom said...

Lovely list! I love your son's comment about wanting to be a deacon to receive all seven sacraments...that is so sweet & faith-filled!

Colleen said...

Eileen, you are welcome! Glad you liked my list! A blessed Lent to you!

Jade, I love the idea of going to sleep when it is raining. I think it comes from my years of camping and hearing the rain on the roof of the tent or camper.

munchesmom, thank you! Even as a very young child, he has always shown a strong faith.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Such a beautiful list of blessings!
I had to smile about what your son said...because when our Laura almost didn't make it a few years back...she was given the Last Rites...and later, after recovery, was SOOOO THRILLED that she had had a Sacrament that her brothers didn't have!!! (The boys are always throwing that "Ordination" one in our faces to "one-up" possible Sacraments, ha ha)

Colleen said...

Judy, that is so cute - about Laura and also the One--upmanship!!
Thanks for hosting this meme Judy! Hugs and blessings!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Hi Colleen, I tagged you for a meme at my blog - Why I Love Jesus - if you're interested.

Colleen said...

Thanks Barb, I will check it out!