Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thankful for Blessings -Buddy, Baby and Books

I love Wednesdays because it is the day I join my special friend, Judy, in this thankful meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Be sure to also check out her website when you visit! Thank you, Judy, for helping me keep an attitude of gratitude!
1. Reading Thirty Days, a book by Paul Mariani, about his experience of a 30 day Ignatian retreat. Makes me feel like I am on retreat with him. I am so grateful for books like this!
2. God's mercy - what a gift! To know God loves us so much, that he forgives us with compassion and tender mercy.
3. My best friend - we have been friends for over 50 years! What a great gift. The Lord knew I needed a forever kind of friend. Thank you, Jesus.
4. Spring  - experiencing renewal in my spiritual life and renewal in the weather. And Holy Week is next week! Praise God!
5. My grandson  - we visited him last weekend. What a great time! My son and his wife and their baby boy reminded me of when my husband and I were a young married couple with a baby son. Of course, I have a picture here!


8 comments :

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

Spiritual reading, God's mercy, friends, spring, family - what an awesome week! I'm glad your week was uplifting for you.

Colleen said...

Eileen, thank you! Yes, it was an uplifting week. God bless!

Mary333 said...

Buddy, Baby, and Books - love that title Colleen! What more could a woman ask for :)

Colleen said...

Thanks Mary! I agree!

munchesmom said...

Great list! Having a best friend for over 50 years...What a wonderful blessing for you! And I never tire of seeing those beautiful photos of your little grandson. He is just adorable!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Landan has gotten SOOOO big! What a cutie:)) I know what you mean about watching your son and his family...I feel the same way when I see mine...like taking a glimpse back in time:) Thanks for sharing your wonderful blessings!

Colleen said...

Thank you Judy! Hope you had a great day today!

hip-chick said...

oh my goodness that boy is so cute! You must have been so happy to spend some time with him.