Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - Thank You, Jesus

This is a special week - Holy Week. What a great time to give thanks for our blessings! Let's join my special friend, Judy, in this thankful meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings today and every Wednesday!
Here are some of my blessings this week:
1. It is Holy Week! My favorite week of the year. It is such a special time to journey with Jesus and be reminded of his great love for us. Thank you, Jesus.
2. I went to the Chrism Mass Tuesday. At this Mass priests renew their commitment of service and the oils used all year in the church are blessed. It is very moving and I felt it was such a great beginning to Holy Week. Thank you, Jesus.
3. Penance Service - I went to a penance service and that is always such a blessing to confess and receive absolution, knowing I am forgiven. Thank you, Jesus.
4. My oldest son is digging into our family ancestry very seriously. He just started and I have already learned some new things. He is doing this for his son. What a blessing. Thank you, Jesus.
5. I am grateful for the Church and that I am Catholic. It has been 23 years now since my conversion. It changed my life forever. Thank you, Jesus.

8 comments :

Mary333 said...

Family trees are interesting. In more ways than I thought. Have you ever heard of Father Robert DeGrandis' book "Intergenerational Healing"? Wow! He's onto something here. My mom and I have been praying for our family line recently and have been shocked by what has come up during prayer. This past Sunday we were both pushed to our knees during a prayer that renounces all occult activity in the family line. The presence of the Holy spirit was so powerful we were shocked! We did know that some past ancestors practiced Freemasonry and who knows what else but were still surprised by the response to our prayers. It was very, very stange, Colleen. I'm thinking about writing a bit about this on my blog soon though I know that it is an iffy subject among Catholics. Have you heard of this book?
Sorry! I know you were talking about blessings here, not curses, but I am curious as to your thoughts on this. Thanks!

munchesmom said...

I love your list this week! What wonderful blessings for you. Have a blessed Easter!

hip-chick said...

I just love being in church at this time of year. Family ancestry is so interesting.

Colleen said...

Mary, I have heard of the book. I have never read it. I will be interested in reading more about it on your blog. I am open to that kind of thing, being charismatic myself and surprised by the Holy Spirit myself a few times! Thanks for sharing that!

munchesmom, thank you! Thanks for stopping by!

hip-chick, I agree. Thanks for visiting!

Happy Easter to all!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

God bless your wonderful week of blessings!!! I read the book that Mary mentions in her comment...it is REALLY thought-provoking and powerful...and I think you, personally, might glean much from its pages, Colleen. It was given to me by a mother, whose son was dying of cancer (actually, dying from the TREATMENT of cancer) for she felt he was a "victim's soul" healing the family blood line....anyway, I'd be happy to send it to you if you'd like to read it. Just let me know.

Duane Scott said...

I'm thankful for blessings too. :)

One is His plan for me.

Second is that it doesn't need to be Holy Week for me to act like it. :)

Mary333 said...

How odd, Colleen! I just stopped by to see if you had read Father's book and to tell you that if you hadn't I think it would be very helpful and that I could send you my copy after I was done, only to find out that Judy had already done so. I think you would get a lot out of this book too.
God bless!

Colleen said...

Duane, thanks for your visit and comments! Happy Easter!

Judy & Mary - well, it is obvious to me that the Holy Spirit is speaking to me through the 2 of you. For both of you to be ready to send me the book tells me something. I think I will buy it. If it is that good, it might be one I need to keep - to share with others as you are doing. I might find a used copy! Love to you both and thanks for caring so much!