Sunday, May 22, 2011

Jesus Reveals the Father

"Whoever has seen me has seen the Father." - John 14:9
Fr. T was my spiritual director for many years. Never had I known anyone like him. No one had ever shown me such respect and care. No one had ever shown me such compassion and understanding. 
And mercy.
And patience. A lot of patience.
One day I heard that scripture verse and it hit me. By knowing Fr. T, I had come to know Jesus. And in knowing Jesus, I had come to know the Father.
Dear Jesus, thank you for revealing the Father to us through your actions and deeds. May we too reveal the Father to others by being more like you. Help us to love with your love and show mercy with your mercy. Amen.
image source

Photobucket

10 comments :

Karinann said...

I love your prayer,Colleen. It gets to the very heart of Jesus' command to love.
Hugs & God bless!

Colleen said...

Karinann, thank you! Hugs to you too!

Jackie said...

Lovely blog...if you would like to write an occasional post for us

http://associationofcatholicwomenbloggers.blogspot.com/

please email me

rosary@blueyonder.co.uk

or any of your readers..

Colleen said...

Jackie, thank you for the invite! I sent you an email.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for Father T and for you.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you so much! I am praying for you too!

Daily Grace said...

Reading your prayer was a wonderful way for me to start my work week Colleen. Thank you.

Colleen said...

Daily Grace, I am so glad to hear that! Thank you!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

My #1 favorite Scripture quote.

Spiritual directors are a real blessing from God, but it is hard to find good ones. Blogs like yours are a big help for those who don't. Thank you.

Colleen said...

Barb, I had one of the best spiritual directors. Unfortunately he was transferred. But I saw him for direction for over 15 years!
I myself now have a waiting list because there are so few spiritual directors. I am in the process of writing a book about it. Watch for it!!