Sunday, May 29, 2011

Jesus Will Not Leave Us Orphans

"I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you." - John 14:18
I love knowing that Jesus is always with us. Not just with us, but in us. That makes a difference when I really think about it.
Jesus sends His Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, to dwell within us always.
Not just when we are paying attention. Not just when we "feel" Him. Not just when we are praying. Not just when we are listening.
Always.
Jesus sends the Advocate, the Consoler, the Encourager to dwell within so we are not alone. So we can speak His truth and know His guidance and feel His love and peace.
And so we can bring that love, that peace. that truth, that encouragement ... to others.
Dear Jesus, thank you for loving me so much, for not leaving me orphaned. Knowing that you dwell within me makes all the difference in my life. I need you so much. I need your guidance and I need your love. Help me to bring your light to others. Help me to listen to your Spirit within me and feel your peace. Amen.




Photobucket

8 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

This is a great, much needed, post. Thank you.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Thank you Victor! God bless!

Jamey said...

Wonderful post and one I needed to read. Thanks Colleen!

Colleen said...

Jamey, thanks for stopping by. Glad my post was what you needed. God bless!

Kathleen@so much to say said...

I like this. It sheds light on the Spirit, and how the Spirit is connected with Jesus...meaningful to me as I have always felt the Spirit connection more strongly than the Jesus one.

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Oh, God inspired you to write those words for me! The last couple of days have been beyond horrible and this has brought some much needed comfort and encouragement. Thank you.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

This is one of my favorite, most consoling quotes from Jesus: "I will not leave you orphans." This underscores also the family dimension of the communion of saints. Thanks for this post because I love reading what you have to say about sacred scripture.

Colleen said...

Kathleen, thank you! I have related more to the Holy Spirit in last several years, since becoming a spiritual director. The Holy Spirit is the Real spiritual director and I have to pay more attention to the Spirit!

Carol, so grateful that my words (that came from the Spirit) have helped you. The Consoler must have pointed you this way! Awesome. :) Hope you are having better days.

Barb, I love that quote too. Oh-oh - need to add it to my list of favorite scripture verses!! It gets longer everyday.
Thank you for your kind words. I sometimes struggle with these reflections but yet feel the need - the pull - to do them. You just helped to confirm that feeling I have. God bless.