Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lord, I Believe

Thomas answered and said to him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Have you come to believe because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed." John 20:28-29
I love Thomas. He is not afraid to admit when he has doubts but when he recognizes the Lord, he makes a strong declaration of faith and adoration...
My Lord and my God!
I remember when I finally understood and believed in my heart that the Eucharist was the Real Presence of Christ. I had that same feeling that Thomas must have had. No doubts. No fears. And at the elevation of the Host at Mass, I say those same words...
My Lord, and my God!
I do not always recognize the presence of Jesus in my life. I do not doubt He is with me, but I am not always paying close attention.
Then suddenly, I become more aware and then I recognize Jesus. And I am filled with joy!
My Lord and my God!
Dear Lord, help me to see you in my everyday life. Help me to grow in faith and to be more aware of your presence in all things. I love you, Jesus.
Photobucket

10 comments :

Karinann said...

Colleen,
A beautiful and heart felt post. We can learn so much from Thomas through not only his doubt, but through his humble act of faith.
Hugs and God bless.

Colleen said...

Karinann, thank you so much! I agree! Thomas was my spiritual director's patron saint and he always said that Thomas showed a deeper faith by questioning and then by declaring his faith! I have never forgotten that.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Whenever I get discouraged and full of doubt, I remember Jesus saying "Blessed are they who do not see but believe." Probably most of us have a little of St. Thomas the apostle in us.

Colleen said...

Barb, I agree! Thanks!

Jean Wise said...

I love Thomas too and think too often he gets a bad rap. thanks for such a wonderful post!

Colleen said...

Jean, I agree with you - he does get a bad rap sometimes. Thanks for stopping by! God bless!

RAnn said...

Amen!

Colleen said...

RAnn, thank you!!

evanscove said...

I'm in the same boat with Thomas, struggling to believe at times. So we need to be careful not to judge him, or others who likewise wrestle with doubt.
Thanks for this reflection!

Evan

Colleen said...

Evan, you are welcome!! I think everyone has doubts from time to time... it is how we grow! God bless!