Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Empty Nests

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are also those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
Here are some of my sabbath moments this week:
!. Again I made some extra time for reading. I am reading a book about the "empty nest.' I have lived in an empty nest now for about 7 years and thought I was pretty much used to it. No such thing, I guess. BUT reading another woman's experience of it helps me to know I am not alone. How cool is that? (Book is by Mary Jenson.)
2. Winter season is over. Snowbirds gone north for the summer. Took some time to watch the ducks floating in the pond and squirrels playing in the trees. Less traffic. Less noise. More moments of silence in my outer AND inner world.
3. Worked in the parish office alone last week. That means more phone calls to answer and a never-ending list of things to do. But my iphone rang at preset times to remind me to take a deep breath and pray Jesus' name. This helped to give me patience, peace and relaxing time, even if only for a "sabbath moment."
Photobucket

4 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Glad you have your phone set for times to pause. It only takes a second to recall Jesus and it makes Him very happy.

God bless you. I always look forward to participating in this meme.

Colleen said...

Barb, thank you! I always look forward to your contributions!

Mary333 said...

I love your iphone idea as a reminder of Jesus, Colleen! You must be having some nice weather - unlike us, we are having a cold Spring and I'm looking forward to the weather warming up a bit more!
God bless you, my friend!

Colleen said...

Mary, hope your weather warms up soon! God bless you too!!