Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - May 4

I love Wednesdays because it is the day I join my special friend, Judy, in this thankful meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Be sure to also check out her website when you visit! Thank you, Judy, for helping me keep an attitude of gratitude!
Some of my blessings this week:
1. My children - I was so upset this week about the news about Osama bin Laden and how my feelings were going back and forth. If you read my post about it, you may have noticed two comments by Spiro. They were from my two sons. I don't think they have ever commented before on one of my blog posts but I guess they wanted to comfort me somehow. What great guys!
2. My husband - he made me a great birthday dinner - my favorite mac & cheese recipe of all time - I have simple tastes! He is feeling pretty good lately. We have to keep a close eye on his bloodwork but no blood transfusions needed for past 4 months. What a relief.
3. We have eagles at our church. We do not always see them but last week I saw one of them fly to a favorite spot on top of a pole across the street. Then someone told me she saw one of the eagles fly overhead at the beginning of the Easter sunrise service. It flew to the pole and stayed there for most of the Mass. "He will bear us up on eagles wings, bear us on the breath of dawn...."
4. Chocolate cake. I had some for my birthday. What can I say but Yum!?! And I am grateful for my co-workers - who gave me the chocolate cake!
5. The Beatification of John Paul II. My "first" pope. Il Papa. What a day. What a weekend eh?


Photobucket

6 comments :

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

Glad to hear hubby's health is good. Wow, Eagles at your Church. That is awesome. We never get that in Maryland. And don't fret about Osama. Everything will be in God's hands. I felt this kind of anxiety when we first went over to the Middle East. I think many do have anxiety over these situations - it is common.

Karinann said...

These are beautiful blessings, Colleen. As for bin Laden's death, I agree with the quote from your son. I really don't think we should rejoice over anyone's death, although I can certainly understand people feeling torn. Even God Himself said that He does not rejoice over the death of a sinner... (taken a little out of context I know)
Hope you had a happy birthday.
Hugs & blessings!

Jade said...

How lovely about the eagle! I like how you described it.
Happy Birthday!

munchesmom said...

Nothing wrong w/ a good mac & cheese recipe! I found a super easy & delicious one last fall that ALL of the munchkins love. That is quite a success around here!

"On Eagle's Wings" - That is one of my favorite songs! (I mentioned it on my post today, too.) My mom has a Michael Crawford CD & that is one of the songs he sings beautifully.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Gee...I could relish in the joy of this list of blessings all evening!
Thank you for sharing! Sons who reach out to comfort a hurting mother...my...can't think of something more beautiful. I will go and read your post on Mr. Bin Laden...we have been praying for the repose of his soul...and also for the brave men who had to carry out their duty...in years to come...they will have much to deal with in their hearts as well.

Colleen said...

Eileen, thanks for reassuring me. Yes, the eagles are awesome!! God bless!

Karinann, thank you! I agree with what you said about bin Laden. I had a great birthday! Hugs and blessings!!

Jade - thank you!!

munchesmom, I agree with your mac & cheese comment! Funny you should mention On Eagle's Wings this week too! God bless!

Judy, thank you. I agree with all you said from my sons to praying for bin Laden and our soldiers. God bless you! Thanks for hosting this meme!