Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - Support from All Directions

I just love Wednesdays because it is the day I join my beautiful friend, Judy, in this meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Be sure to also check out her website when you visit! Judy writes beautifully and you will enjoy her reflections!
Some of my other blessings this week:
1. My wrist splint is helping my carpal tunnel syndrome. No pain lately!! Thank you, Lord.
2. Blogging - I am thankful for being able to write my blogs and to share with other bloggers. I appreciate the support and advice of you all!
3. My best friend of 50 years - we are like 2 peas-in-a-pod! We understand each other and are there to support each other always. Thank you Lord.
4. My ministry of Spiritual direction. I still feel the "call" to it and will do it until the Lord decides I'm done. Pope Benedict spoke about the importance of spiritual direction the other day. Thank you, Lord, for giving me this gift of spiritual direction.
5. My dear hubby, who has been working extra hard lately and is very tired and doesn't allow me to hover. :) I am grateful, Lord, for this very special man in my life and for the 31 (almost 32) years of marriage.

Photobucket

12 comments :

munchesmom said...

So many wonderful things to be thankful for! You are truly blessed. And I thank you for your faith-filled, blogging. It's always a treat visiting you online!

Colleen said...

munchesmom, thank you for your kind and encouraging words! I appreciate them.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Thank you, as always, for your kind words in your intro :) xo
Your list warms my heart. Your life is so full of LOVE.
Thank you for sharing it with us.
And, "YAY!!!!" Congratulations! I see you have reached 100+ fans on your website FB page! Woo hoo!

Colleen said...

Judy, thank you! Glad I warmed your heart!! Thanks for the congrats too. I am excited about my FB fans!! Thanks for hosting this great meme!

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

I am glad your splint is helping. 31 years for you and hubby! Wonderful! It is 25 years this year for us and I want to renew our wedding vows. Did you do anything special on your 25th? Love your list this week!

Mary333 said...

It sounds like you have a great support system in place! I read the Pope's words on spiritual direction and that it is recommended, but you know what? There's not all that many spiritual directors out there, unfortunately. Maybe it's just the area I live in or something. Years ago priests would do this too but now there is such a shortage that they can't take the time to do this because they are already overworked.
Wonderful list of blessings, Colleen!

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

Beautiful list! Love these!

Colleen said...

Eileen, we celebrated our 20th with a family party and renewed our vows at our parish. Maybe we will do it at 35?? Thanks for your comments and visit!!

Mary, thank you. I know what you mean about the shortage. We have it the same way here. I have a waiting list of people wanting to see me for spiritual direction. I am writing a series of articles on spiritual direction (or an ebook) to help people understand the charism better. Not everyone is called to be a spiritual director. But everyone needs one!! God bless!

Kristen, thanks so much! God bless!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

How about "Thank the Lord for you and your Blog"?

God bless.

Colleen said...

Thank you Victor. You are so kind. God bless you too!

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen, you are thankful for many things I am also thankful for: blogging, friends, blogging friends! my dear husband... There was a couple in our parish celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary last weekend. Someone had organised a papal blessing. To help, protect, love and live with someone through all the trials of life for 50 years. Wow!

Colleen said...

Sue, I know what you mean. I am always in awe of those who have been married so long. We have a couple in our church who has been married for 70 years!! Amazing!