Sunday, June 26, 2011

Feast of Corpus Christi

"Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him." - John 6:56
Rev. Ron Rolhesier wrote - "The Eucharist is God's kiss." I really love that.
It was the Eucharist that brought me to the Catholic Church. It was a call that I have heard since I was a little girl.
It is the Eucharist that brings me to Mass.
It is the Eucharist that feeds me and nourishes my soul. It is Jesus' gift of Himself to me.
Out of love.
A Kiss, out of Love.
Oh, Lord, thank you for your Kiss. Thank you for the gift of yourself and for your everlasting love. I love you, Jesus. All praise and glory and honor to you, today and everyday.
Amen.

Photobucket
first posted 6/6/10. I changed the ending prayer and used a different scripture verse.

12 comments :

thereserita said...

Beautiful. You know Mother Teresa said that our pains are "God's kisses" too...seems like our wounds open us up more to receive Jesus in Communion at an ever-deeper level, so the two 'kisses' work hand-in-hand :-)

Karinann said...

The kiss of God- so much to ponder and be grateful for in that one little phrase!
Thanks and God bless, Colleen.

Colleen said...

thereserita, I had not heard that Mother Teresa said that! Beautiful! Thanks.

Karinann, I quite agree. I am still pondering it since last year! Hugs and blessings!

mary333 said...

"God's kiss" - how I love that description of the Eucharist!

Colleen said...

Mary, me too!! :)
Thanks!

Connie Arnold said...

The Eucharist is a beautiful, holy mystery and a wonderful blessing! Beautiful prayer, Colleen!

Colleen said...

Connie, thank you!

conjecturesguilty said...

Lovely. Yes, the eucharist is an amazing gift. Seems to me that by actually eating God so that He is intermingled in every cell of our being is so much more sacred than we realize.

Colleen said...

conjecturesguilty, I think my head does not understand but my heart does. God bless!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Beautiful post, Colleen. I love that image of the Eucharist being God's kiss.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Beautiful thought, Colleen. I will keep that in mind at Mass from now on.

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you. I love that image too. I don't want to forget it.

Barb, me, too. God bless!