Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Silent Reflections

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time, just "being" instead of "doing". Sabbath time is time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
Here are some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. I have been preparing to give a talk on Pentecost and the Holy Spirit, spending a lot of time in silence. As I reflect on God's presence in my life, I find myself falling in love with God all over again. Does that happen to you?
2. Reading - actually re-reading - a book called Music of Silence,  by David Steindl-Rast with Sharon Lebell. It is a book on living in the moment and "following the natural rhythms of the day." It is a beautiful little book that inspires and leads me to prayer and silence.
I pray that you have experienced some beautiful sabbath moments this week.
Photobucket

15 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

"Falling in love with God all over again"

Yes, it happens to me. I think if we take time to contemplate our lives in relation to Him we will find ourselves more and more aware of how He loves us and we want to love Him more.

Colleen said...

Barb, amen! Thanks for joining me every week!

Mary333 said...

Yes, this happens to me, too. God is so good, even when I am not so good myself! The book you are reading sounds like something I might enjoy - I have noticed there is definitely a "natural rhythm" of daily life and when we follow it God blesses us with peace of heart.

Good luck on your talk about Pentecost, Colleen! I'm sure you'll do great. God has blessed you in this area of touching others through your talks, books, websites, etc... I know this to be true because I have had powerful witnesses in the Spirit reading your book (my mom called your book anointed and I agree), listening to you talk (this was on your survivor site) and through your writing online and my prayer to our Lord is that your words will reach many hearts this year in each of the areas you minister to others in. God bless you, Colleen :)

Colleen said...

Mary, yes, I think you would like that book I mentioned.
Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. That helps a lot. Hugs and blessings.:)

Joan said...

Hi Colleen, I just found your blog and jumped right in with Sabbath Moments. THe book you recommend looks very good, I will look for it. I have found Lectio Divina to be a wonderful way of entering into God's peaceful and loving presence.

Colleen said...

Joan, thanks for joining us! I will hop right over to your blog to see your sabbath moments. I love lectio divina as well. I think you would like this book. God bless!

Sue Elvis said...

Hi Colleen, I have bookmarked "The Music of Silence". There is a Kindle edition! Next time I am looking for a book to read, I will download a copy. Thank you!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Sounds like a wonderful book:)
God's blessings upon you in your talk!
I echo everything Mary has said in her comments:)

Colleen said...

Sue, oh that is great! Hope you like it.

Judy, my talk went very well, thank you!! Must have been your's and Mary's blessings! Thanks for your visit!

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

Silence is so important! It is encouraging to know how you take the initiative to strengthen your relationship with God in moments of silence.

Colleen said...

Eileen, amen!! I crave silence. I long to hear God's voice.

hip-chick said...

I find myself falling in love with God all over again also. I have never really thought of it that way but that describes it perfectly.

Colleen said...

hip-chick, and isn't it a wonderful feeling, to know we love and are loved?

Kathleen@so much to say said...

When I spend time in silence, I find myself feeling more peaceful.

Colleen said...

Kathleen, amen!!