Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - Birthdays, Beauty and Books

I just love Wednesdays because it is the day I join my blogging buddy, Judy, in this meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. We give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Be sure to also check out her other blog and her website when you visit!
If you do not have a blog, list your thanks in your comment!
Some of my blessings this week:
1. My grandson turns ONE this week! Wow! Where did that year go? Thank you, Lord, for blessing our lives with this beautiful baby boy. 
2. I gave a talk on the Holy Spirit and spiritual direction last week and it went well. Thank you, Lord, for giving me the words and inspiration.
3. My husband who takes such good care of me, and makes me laugh, every single day. Thank you, Lord, for my husband, the love of my life.
4. The ocean and life near the sea. Seagulls and dolphins and pelicans. Sand and sun and beautiful blue-green water with gentle waves. Thank you, Lord, for the beauty in this world.
5. Books. They inspire and teach and entertain and bring us to places we will never see otherwise. Thank you, Lord, for books and those who write them.
What are some of your blessings this week?
Photobucket

9 comments :

Mary333 said...

Hi Colleen! Soon you'll have your hands full trying to keep up with him when you visit. I remember those toddler years well :)

I'm glad your talk went well!

Books! Books! Books! Love them and always will(except for the filthy ones)! God bless you, Colleen :)

Colleen said...

Mary, you are right about having my hands full soon!! And the books too! Hugs and blessings!

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

Wonderful list this week. It would be awesome to live near the ocean. And I wish I could read faster so I could read more books.

sarah said...

just found Judy's blog and love it. And love your list as well.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Happy Birthday Landon! WOW! THAT went by fast!
Your number 4 brings tears to my eyes...I simply can't fathom the JOY of living near the shore but your vivid description brings it to life for me! THANK YOU!
We had SIX participants in this meme this week! The "attitude of gratitude" is catching on, my friend!
Thanks for being a special part of it!

Colleen said...

Eileen, I agree! I wish I could read faster too! :)

sarah, thank you! Yes, Judy's blog is both fun and inspiring. Her other blog is great too and she has a website. Glad you found her!

Judy, that is so cool!!! Six people joining us! I am so glad you host this meme. I am also glad I was able to get across what the seashore is like for me. Hugs and blessings!

mary333 said...

Hi Colleen,
I tried to comment yesterday but I'm not sure it went through. I was wondering if you got my e-mail or if I should send it again. Thanks and God bless!

Colleen said...

Mary, I got your comment, but no email. :)

mary333 said...

Colleen,
I sent a new message through the Contact us section on your website. I hope it worked :)