Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - Blogging & Beaches

Wednesdays is the day I join my blogging friend, Judy, in this meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. We give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Thanks, Judy, for helping me keep an "attitude of gratitude!" :)
Some of my blessings this week:
1. Blogging friends - some blogging friends got together and started a blog called Community of Catholic Bloggers. I am grateful to have been invited to be one of the authors. Read more about it here. And be sure to pay us a visit!
2. Beaches - how I love the beach. Did you notice my new blog look? Go figure, right? I cannot wait until I get there to watch a sunset! Some day soon!
3. Liturgy of the hours - so awesome to pray the prayer of the church. God speaks to my heart through the psalms.
4. The Eucharist. Sunday is Corpus Christi. We are having a Holy Hour at our parish. What a beautiful way to give thanks to Jesus for his gift of Himself. Thank you, Jesus.
5. Grandchildren. All of them. And last week we celebrated our youngest grandchild's FIRST birthday. What an awesome day. So I leave you with a picture. Of course.


Photobucket

14 comments :

Karinann said...

Colleen,
I love the new look! As you know the beach is one of my favorite places as well and lighthouses fascinate me.
Our Catholic faith has so many wonderful treasures and Sunday's feast day celebrates its greatest.
Happy 1st birthday to your grandson.
Hugs & Blessings!

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

Tomorrow our parish is having adoration to pray for priests. I can't wait to go. I also bet there are beaches in heaven! Awesome list!

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

Beautiful back drop. Favorite all time devotion is adoration :). Love the pic of your grandson. My oldest son had blue frosting on his first birthday cake. In fact, we have a picture of him looking rather "Smurfy" with it all over his face!

munchesmom said...

Your new background looks great! Unfortunately we were unable to catch a sunset in San Diego, but The Princess definitely had a great time playing in the ice cold Pacific!

Happy Birthday to that precious little grandson of yours!

Connie Arnold said...

Wonderful things to be thankful for, Colleen! Especially love the picture and the special blessing of grandchildren!

Colleen said...

Karinann, thank you! I so agree with your comment about Sunday's feast day being the greatest. The Eucharist. Wow.

Eileen, thank you! I agree - there must be beaches in heaven! I LOVE going to adoration.

Kristen, my grandson looked smurfy too! He didn't like that at all! He started wiping his eye with his frosting covered hand!

munchesmom, thank you! Kids do so well in that cold water don't they? I grew up going to beaches in New England. I do not think I could go in that water now.

Connie, thank you! I was just thinking of you yesterday and here you are! I told myself I needed to go visit your blog! Will be there soon!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I just love the birthday boy's "big boy" hair, parted on the side...SO adorable:)
I, too, am happy to be part of the new Catholic Community Blog!
And to think of blogging at the beach...WOW...that must be awesome!
Love the new background!

Colleen said...

Judy, thank you! Glad you like my blog look and yes, isn't he adorable? I am glad you joined us at Catholic Community Blog! Thanks for hosting this meme!

RAnn said...

I like your new look too!

Colleen said...

RAnn, thank you!!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Great new look and very cute baby. I'd love to see the sunsets you see at the beach in person some day. It will take a miracle, though, so I'm going to have to settle for the nice ones here in the Ozarks.

Colleen said...

Barb, I will pray for that miracle for you! :)
Nothing like a sunset at the beach. And I imagine there is nothing like a sunset in your neighborhood too! All are awesome!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Your grandchild is so adorable! This is a wonderful list. I'm so glad your parish is (or did) a Holy Hour. None of the parishes near me did anything - except to mention that it was Corpus Christi during mass.

By the way, this is a little off topic but I wanted to let you know that I awarded you the "Irresistibly Sweet Blog" award. It is an award that gets passed on and since I enjoy your blog so much I wanted to pass it on to you. :) You can "get" or find the award here:

http://www.simplecatholicliving.com/just-for-fun/who-is-irresistibly-sweet-i-am-apparently

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you for the blog award! Very "Sweet" of you! :)
Our Holy Hour went so well. Very moving and prayerful. Loved it. God bless!