Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - Homecoming

Wednesdays is the day I join my blogging friend, Judy, in this meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. We give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Thanks, Judy, for helping me keep an "attitude of gratitude!" :)
Some of my blessings this week:
1. I am so thankful that my youngest son is returning home. He and his wife are moving back to Florida and I could just burst with joy! Now all our children are nearby. Thank you, Lord!
2. I am so thankful for my blogging buddies who inspire me and support me and make me laugh with joy.
3. Thank you, Lord, for the rain! We got some decent rain this week. We still need a lot more but it was beautiful to see and refreshing too!
4. I am grateful for my job which is our main source of income since my hubby is retired. Thank you, Lord.
5. I am thankful that I am still on my journey to healing from childhood sexual abuse, healing a little more each day. And for all who pray for me and support me, I thank you Lord!

Photobucket

5 comments :

munchesmom said...

What a wonderful blessing #1 is for you! Ditto to #2...I've found so much love, support, & inspiration through all my dear blogging friends (you are definitely included, Colleen!)

Colleen said...

munchesmom, thank you! You are included too! Your lists always inspire me! I wish I had this blogging community when I was raising my boys. What support you can get just from sharing, eh?

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

Love your family will all be close by! It is truly a blessing! I've found #2 to be so true as well. I have been overwhelmed at the outpouring for Kate Wicker since I opened the spiritual bouquet and it reminds me we are a true community of Christ :) Blessings on your day and week!

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

Wonderful list. I love that my kids are all close to home! I will pray for your continued healing. I am also healing from an assault. I see my psychiatrist today.

Colleen said...

Kristen, yes, we are a true community! I have felt that way right along but when I saw Pope Benedict "tweeting" the other day! Wow.

Eileen, thank you, you are in my prayers too.