Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - So Many Blessings

I just love Wednesdays because it is the day I join my beautiful friend, Judy, in this meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Be sure to also check out her website when you visit!
I have so much to be thankful for so I decided to do this a little differently this week:
1. I am thankful I am Catholic - Thank you, Lord, for leading me to the Catholic Church. On the day I entered the Church, my life changed forever and so did the life of my family.
2. I am thankful for my husband - Thank you, Lord, for leading me to my hubby and for our beautiful happy years of marriage and for your presence with us always. His love has made such a difference in my life.
3. I am thankful for being a mother and a stepmother and a grandmother - Thank you, Lord, for the gift of my children, stepchildren and grandchildren. They have filled my life and taught me how to love.
4. I am thankful I am healing as a sexual abuse survivor - Thank you, Lord, for helping me in my struggles to heal. I am still on that path but I am grateful that I am on the journey of healing and that you have led me to be a kind of "wounded healer," using my wounds to help heal others.
5. I am thankful for my parish - Thank you, Lord, for guiding me to my parish, for the opportunity to "belong" to this community from the very first Mass, for the gift of friends and priests that I have come to know over the last 20 years here, and for my ministries and my job/ministry as parish secretary.
Thank you, Jesus, for loving me and helping me to learn how to love others. I have a long way to go, but I know you are with me always.
Amen.
Photobucket

6 comments :

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I am always so grateful for your participation in this meme Colleen!
I love the way you've added a prayer after each blessing this week. "Wounded Healer". Wow! This is awesome! As soon as I read it, I thought, "That's JUST what CHRIST was for us"!!! May your own wounds be united to His holy cross and by virtue of His merits and Resurrection, bring continued healing to your own mind, body, and soul; as well as those to whom you reach out to help along your journey.

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

Beautiful List Colleen! You have a wonderful life. I am also a wounded healer from an assault. It is so awesome when one can live a normal life after something so tragic. Praise God!

Colleen said...

Judy, thank you for the beautiful blessing! Just awesome! And you are right - Jesus was the wounded healer. God bless!

Eileen, yes, Praise God! Thank you. I think God uses our wounds to help others which in turn helps us heal. Amazing. I will keep you in my prayers.

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

Colleen, these are beautiful! thank you for sharing!

Daily Grace said...

Colleen, I always love to read grateful blessings. They lift my spirit.

Colleen said...

Kristen, thanks so much!

Daily Grace, I agree! Me, too! God bless!