Monday, July 25, 2011

The Forever Kind of Love

Sometimes words are just not enough to express our feelings. We struggle to find the right ones and they are just not there.
That is true even in our prayer life. Often “we do not know how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit itself intercedes with inexpressible groanings.” (Romans 8:26)
Sometimes we fumble around trying to say the perfect words. Some of us pray in silence without words. Or sometimes we rely on those rote prayers we have used for years and years.
In the long run, what really matters is what is in our hearts.
Read more of my article at CatholicMom.mom ...

Photobucket

2 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

God reads our hearts better than we can. Sometimes I wonder if I'm not talking at God rather than talking with God. Then I think of how the Holy Spirit helps us to pray and I stop being distracted by whether or not I am praying well.

Colleen said...

Barb, amen!! Thanks!