Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award!

Carol at Simple Catholic Living gave me this Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. Thank you Carol!

The rules for this award are to list seven pieces of information not commonly known about oneself, and then list fifteen other blogs for the award. As usual, I break the rules and offer this award to all my blog visitors! Feel free to accept this award and list some new information about yourself!

Little known information about me:

1. I was once an RN. I worked as a nurse in a hospital and also home health care. I quit when my husband needed to hire someone to help him in his business and I never looked back. Now I am a church secretary. And perfectly happy. My favorite part of nursing was always patient care. My patients taught me compassion and how to listen.

2. I have always loved elephants! I used to have so many elephant knick-knacks in my house that I had to get rid of a lot of them! But I still am fascinated by elephants and their personalities and their intelligence.

3. I am an introvert in every sense of the word. I crave time alone and need time alone like extroverts need to be with people. I like people but I am not comfortable with large parties and small talk. I am often misunderstood. If you want to know me better, read this article on introverts. It pretty much describes me.

4. I taught myself to play the guitar when I was a teen. Over the years, playing the guitar has been one way of expressing myself. Like writing.

5. I was always trying to be the perfect little girl when I was young. Now I like to rebel in small ways. Like breaking the rules for this award. So I am stopping at number 5!! :)

God bless!
Photobucket

3 comments :

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Great list, Colleen! I am an introvert as, well. I'm much more comfortable writing (like my blog) than being with lots of people.

As a matter of fact, I get physically drained if I am subjected to a lot of people for a long stretch of time.

Sounds like you have quite a collection of elephants if you had to get rid of some of them!

Mike Golch said...

Congrats on the award.

Colleen said...

Carol, we sound a lot alike. Good to know we introverts are not alone eh? I did have a huge collection of elephants, collected for many years. But then we downsized and we had no room for them. So I just kept a few of my favorites and that is fine. Thanks for the award!!

Mike, thanks so much! Good to hear from you. Hope all is well.