Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sabbath Moments - God is Near

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
Here are some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. Taking time to stop throughout my busy days at work, to contemplate God in the moment, to read short little reflections or just to say "thank you for my day." These "little moments" keep me in touch with the Lord so I stay close and do not lose sight of Him in my long busy days. 
2. One day I stopped by the small lake in my park on my way home. Watched the breeze cause ripples in the water and the tall reeds by the water's edge swaying slightly. There were swings there and they looked so inviting. I felt such peace in this place.

3. Listening to some beautiful music this week. Music is soothing and prayerful and healing and I have felt the need for more of it this week. And I decided to share it with you and maybe give you a sabbath moment! This song is called I Am A God Nearby sung by David Kaufmann. I hope you enjoy!



 
Photobucket

13 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Colleen, it looks so pretty where you live. I'm so glad you have the blessing of such beauty. Stopping and relaxing in the Lord is really good for our health - a good wellness habit because it reduces stress. Whenever I'm working in the yard or garden, I'm thinking about God and His gifts to us. It is very relaxing.

Colleen said...

Barb, thank you! Yes, it is very pretty here. And peaceful. I agree about the stress-reducing effects of stopping. It has taken me a long time to figure it out but I am glad I did! I am glad you have the garden to help you relax.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Wow...thank you for: music, and sharing your beautiful lake! Reading your post was a Sabbath Moment for me!

Colleen said...

Thank you Judy! Glad you liked it! :)

Karinann said...

Colleen,
Thank you for sharing your Sabbath Moments and for the beautiful song and images. It is sometimes easy to forget just how close God is to us~this is a lovely reminder.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for a few moments of peace.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Karinann, I thought the same thing when I saw that video. Glad you liked it!

Victor, you are so welcome! It is peaceful isnt it?

mary333 said...

Colleen,
I just wanted to hop into that picture and swing on that swing! Seriously! I love swings and the thought of swinging and gazing at this beautiful scene made me smile. No wonder you feel so peaceful there :) Beautiful Sabbath Moments!

Colleen said...

Mary, thank you! I will say a prayer for you whenever I sit on that swing! God bless.

Connie Arnold said...

Thank you for sharing the beauty and peace, Colleen. Blessings to you!

Colleen said...

Connie,
Glad you liked it! God bless!

carol@simple_catholic said...

That is a beautiful song and video! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you! God bless!