Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Prayer & Adoration

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
Here are some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. I saw another rainbow this week on my way home from work. But the sky was blue and the rainbow looked like it was connecting 2 white clouds together. Weird but beautiful, if that makes sense.
2. Have read about the Examen prayer on Jesuit websites and books and started praying it everyday this week and have enjoyed the few minutes of doing this. It is a great way of "ceasing" and reviewing my day and praying about it. You can download it or listen to it on Pray As You Go website.
3. Got some much needed rain on Friday and I sat in my comfy chair, watching it fall, feeling peaceful and cozy.
4. Eucharistic Adoration. I sat in silence adoring Jesus and I also silently prayed the prayer for the Holy Father's anniversary of ordination.

What were your sabbath moments like this week?
Photobucket

4 comments :

Jade said...

The Examen prayer is a great practice. Glad to see you enjoying it.

This morning, when I went out to get the mail, I saw a little gray rabbit by the steps and a very pretty duck... a nice sabbath treat.

Jean Wise said...

I have used the examen for a number of years and have learned so much. it is like a thread running through my prayer life. good list. Love rainbows!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Thanks for the link to the Examen prayer. I'm going to listen to it now. Happy Fourth of July!

Colleen said...

Jade, thanks for sharing your Sabbath moment. Definitely a treat when little creatures cross our path. I especially love ducks!

Jean, I had heard about the examen but never used it. Lately, however, I am becoming attracted more and more to Jesuit spirituality so I have to pay attention!

Barb, you are welcome. God bless! Happy 4th to you too! Thanks for joining me in this meme every week!