Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Rest and Rain

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
Here are some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. Had rain most of the week. We needed it and I am grateful. It was a slow rain, not the thunderstorms we usually get. And I enjoyed just taking moments to watch the rain.
2. Had a lazy quiet holiday weekend last weekend. Really a good rest which went along well with the gospel reading ...Come to me ... and I will give you rest.
3. This picture of a father and son (my son and grandson) makes me think of the love Our Father has for us. I can picture Him hugging us like that, happy to have us home.
Photobucket

5 comments :

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

This photo is SOOOOOO beautiful!
I'm glad to be rejoining Sabbath Moments and I thank you for sharing your restful rains with us:)

mary333 said...

Hi Colleen! I love the picture of your son and grandson - it's beautiful and makes me think of what a blessing families are.
Long, lazy, weekends are good :) I'm quite fond of them myself!

Colleen said...

Judy, welcome back! I missed you!

Mary, hope you are enjoying some lazy days at the beach!

evanscove said...

I'm sure seeing your son and his son together gives a "Sabbath", letting you savor the joys of family.

We got some rain too this week, which we desperately needed. It at least gave the plants a little "sabbath"! :-)

Evan

Colleen said...

Evan, you are right about my sabbath moment in seeing that picture. That moment when I see God.