Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Sabbath Days

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
Here are some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. Monday was St. Benedict's feast day. I spent some time reading commentaries on his Rule each day this week which always adds to my prayer for the day.
2. I took an extra day off from work and had some time to myself. I caught up on some reading. Listened to music. Did some praying and writing and reflecting. A beautiful sabbath "day."
3. Eucharistic Adoration - this beautiful hour of silence with Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament is hard to describe. Such a gift. Thank you, Lord.
4. Silence. I need silence. We all do. And it is often hard to find. I need to listen to God and to think and reflect. So I grab each moment I can find. Maybe it is late at night or in the chapel at my church or a walk on the beach.
Photobucket
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

6 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Hi Colleen. I love your new blog theme. It is so peaceful. Glad you had such a great week with the Lord.

Colleen said...

Barb, thank you! I agree it looks peaceful. Thanks for joining me this week!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

To be able to stroll along the beach...I simply can't fathom this as a blessing in life! WOW! That must be SO wonderful! I am glad that you are recognizing your need for rest and silence...and allowing yourself these special times. Thanks for hosting! And btw...could you tell me how to get that little strip of icons for people to "share" your post that you have under each post? Mrs. Santos tried to give me instructions...but when I clicked the things she told me to click...the next steps were not where they should be...how did you get yours there? (Thanks :)

Colleen said...

Judy, for me strolling along the beach is like it is for you sitting on your porch surrounded by nature! But I have to drive to the beach!! (only takes 5 minutes)
Aren't we blessed?
I sent you a message about the share icons!
Thanks for joining me in this meme!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

We ARE blessed, to be sure!
I promise to keep posting Fall Foliage pictures for YOU if you post a few "seashore" pictures for ME from time to time:)
Thanks for the helpful instructions for the blog posts...I did what you said...but for some reason...it's STILL not showing under my posts...hmmm...oh well...I'll keep trying.

Colleen said...

Judy, it's a deal! Sorry about those icon links not working. That is weird.