Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - Attitude of Gratitude

Wednesdays is the day I join my blogging friend, Judy, in this meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. We give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Thanks, Judy, for helping me keep an "attitude of gratitude!" :)
Some of my blessings this week:
1. Many people have been signing up for my free online retreats on my website and I am so grateful. I love doing these kinds of retreats myself but there are not many out there. So I am working on more!
2. I had a four day weekend last week and it did me lots of good! Rest, reading and recreation. Thank you, Jesus!
3. My husband and I celebrate our 32nd anniversary this week and I am so grateful for these years together and for our beautiful marriage. Words are never enough to describe my feelings. Coming from an abusive childhood, to have met this man who loves me and cares for me the way he does well, ... all I can say is God is good.
4. My children and my stepchildren and all my grandchildren. Blessings from the Lord that fill my heart.
5. I love nature. Go figure!  :) So of course, when I was driving home from adoration last week, seeing this moon was just such a blessing after already being blessed with the Lord's presence in the Blessed Sacrament! (photo didn't come out that great, but you get the idea!) Thank you Lord!


Photobucket

11 comments :

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

Congrats on your anniversary! How wonderful to celebrate 32 years (my parents celebrate 33 in November, so I know well it takes not a small amount of effort to reach that number). And that is awesome so many people are seeking out your retreats. I will pray for their continued success!

munchesmom said...

What a blessing for you & your DH to be celebrating 32 years! Congratulations & Happy Anniversary!

I look forward to more of your retreats. I really enjoyed your first one!

Jean Wise said...

Congrats on 32 wonderful years. how great. And I loved your online retreat. What a blessing it was to me.

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

I signed up for your retreat. Thank you for doing this! Congrats on 32 years of marriage. It will be 25 for us in October.

Colleen said...

Kristen, thanks for your prayers and congrats!

munchesmom, thank you! I posted your testimonial on my website on the online retreat page.

Jean, thank you for your congrats and your feedback! Appreciate it!

Eileen, congrats on your upcoming anniversary! Thanks for signing up! Please let me know what I can do to make it better!

mary333 said...

Happy Anniversary, Colleen! That's no small feat (32 years) these days. May Our Lord bless you both!

Colleen said...

Mary, thank you!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy Anniversary.

God bless you and yours always.

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Your list is full of simple moments that show the mercy and love of God. I am struck by the fact that an abusive childhood did not make you turn away from God, but that you are doing so much good for Him because of it.

My parents were married 65 years before they passed away. Good marriages are a blessing to the generations. My you have many more anniversaries.

Colleen said...

Barb, you are so right - God turned the pain from my childhood into something good. I am amazed by that almost every single day. I have my moments of depression and doubt but they do not last long. Thanks for your anniversary blessing!!