Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - Faith, Family & Fun

Wednesdays is the day I join my blogging friend, Judy, in this meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. While you are there, be sure to check out her website and other blog. We give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Thanks, Judy, for helping me keep an "attitude of gratitude!" :)
Some of my blessings this week:
1. Thank you, Lord, for rainbows. I saw a beautiful rainbow on my way to work yesterday morning. It was a nice surprise because, in Florida, rainbows tend to come with the summer afternoon showers. However, yesterday, I woke up to a rain shower - highly unusual - and voila! a gorgeous rainbow to keep me company on my drive to work.
2. Thank you, Lord, for sunsets. Hubby and I went out to dinner on the beach last week and saw a gorgeous sunset, even in the midst of clouds.

3. Thank you, Lord, for the gift of writing. I have been very busy writing lately with several projects going on at the same time. Why do I do that to myself? I do enjoy it however and I am grateful to have this way of sharing my faith and venting as well!
4. Thank you, Lord, for ice coffee - my favorite cold drink these days. I have finally figured out how to make myself a decent cup of iced coffee which saves me money.
5. Thank you, Lord, for my family. My older son and his wife surprised us last weekend. They were in our area and we were fortunately free for the day (thank you, Lord, for your perfect timing) and we met for lunch and got some playing time in with our grandson. Below is a picture of my grandson at the beach! We also got the great news that my younger son officially got his Masters degree this week. Could I be any prouder?
Photobucket

11 comments :

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

LIFE IS GOOD.
Thank you for sharing YOUR beautiful one with us:)

munchesmom said...

Rainbows, beach sunsets, writing, iced coffee, & family...Yes, those are all wonderful things to be thankful for! I could've listed those same things.

Colleen said...

Judy, yes life is good. Thanks.

munchesmom, like Judy said, Life is good!

Jean Wise said...

What a wonderful list, especially a surprise visit from loved ones. Interesting that the first two on your list involved you looking up to heaven, not down upon earth.

Colleen said...

Jean, very interesting indeed! Thanks for picking up on that!! God bless!

Sue Elvis said...

Being able to write is such a gift. Thank you for sharing your talents with us, Colleen. I can just imagine you flitting from one writing project to another. Are you working on a book or ebook or is it blog writing?

Colleen said...

Sue, thank you! I am working on an ebook, blog, website, online retreat, and a talk I am giving on Mary. Whew! But I love it. God bless!

noreen said...

Congratulations Colleen! Your grandson is so adorable!! I will have to head on over to Judy's blog.

Colleen said...

Noreen, thanks so much! Yes, he is adorable isnt he? Of course, I am not prejudiced at all. :)

Sue Elvis said...

What a lot of projects, Colleen! I am going to investigate your ebook right now. I don't know why I haven't done this before. I enjoy your writings! God bless.

Colleen said...

Sue, yes I am very busy!!! But I love it! Thanks for your support!