Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - Homecomings

Wednesdays is the day I join my blogging friend, Judy, in this meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. We give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Thanks, Judy, for helping me keep an "attitude of gratitude!" :)
Some of my blessings this week:
1. I am thankful Judy is back to our blogging world! I missed you, Judy, and you and your family are in my prayers everyday.
2. I am thankful that my husband is doing better. He has been sick with a bad cold and I hovered over him. Just a little bit. Although he would probably say a lot. Oh well. lol
3. I love summer. I do NOT love the heat and humidity we have been having. But I love how things slow down. Vacations and beach days.
Summertime... and the living is easy...
4. I thank God for my best friend of over 50 years. Truly an awesome gift. We live many many miles apart but keep in touch with email. So thank you, Lord, for email too, because I used to be a terrible letter writer!
5. My youngest son is "home." Well, technically he is not home with his dad and me, he lives about 2 hours away, but still ... He is closer by about 13 hours! And he came for dinner on Sunday. And I could not stop smiling.
Photobucket

12 comments :

munchesmom said...

Yes, 2 hours away is much better than 13. Congrats on having your son closer to you! And WOW! How wonderful to have a best friend for over 50 years. I hope my best friend & I will remain close for that long.

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

Having a husband who is sick is the pits. I am glad yours is feeling better! Have a wonderful week full of blessings ;)

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

That's one great-lookin' son you've got there Colleen! And such KIND eyes, he has:) SO GLAD he is closer to you now...it's hard to describe the JOY of grown children who live nearby, isn't it?
I am so honored to be among your list of things you're thankful for this week! You know the feeling is QUITE mutual!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

And thanks for the song today!

Jean Wise said...

Wonderful list and great reminder to pause and count our blessings. So happy for health and family in your list too.

Colleen said...

munchesmom, thank you! I hope you and your friend last that long too. Truly a blessing. Just find a way to stay in touch, no matter what.

Kristen, he is finally acting like his old self. Thanks.

Judy, you read him right. He is a very kind person. Very compassionate. And you are welcome for the song!

Jean, thank you. This meme helps me to do that.

Sue Elvis said...

Only one of my children has left home, Colleen. She's been gone 6 years and lives as far away as you can get without actually leaving Australia, right on the other side of the country. She has been home to visit several times over the years and I cry every time she leaves. So I can see why you're smiling with your son living so close. You're a very proud mum, I bet! Enjoy.

Colleen said...

Sue, oh I know how you are feeling. Hugs!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Greetings.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Thank you Victor. God bless you too.

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

Glad you were able to see your son and your hubby is better. Wonderful to keep up the communication with your dear friend. Sounds like a wonderful week.

Colleen said...

Eileen, thank you!