Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Holy Moments

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
Finding small little moments in my days helps me feel closer to God. Here are some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. Spending more time with the Rule of St. Benedict than usual. I receive the rule and reflections in my email now and it works great! It serves as a reminder as well as a convenient way of reading them. And the reflections are great. They become another Sabbath moment.
2. Seeing the sunset at the beach with my grandson and family. Spending time in nature and watching the pure joy of my grandson. Being with his mom and dad and exploring new sights and sounds. Such a blessing to behold!
3. Eucharistic Adoration. A holy hour to be sure. Different from all others. A time of silence and peace.
Photobucket

6 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Colleen, what's the site to download a reflection on the rule each day? I have a hard copy of reflections written by the oblate master from St. Meinrad, but I'd like to see the one you're using. These short reflections are great things to hold on to throughout the day. The rule of St. Benedict is so sane. I try to keep the "ora et labora" in mind, especially when I'm going through difficult times and want to chuck everything and hide in a cave somewhere.

Colleen said...

Barb, I sent you an email with link. It is a yahoo group and they email it to you every day. I agree with what you said about the Rule! Well put!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Thanks, Colleen. Those yahoo groups can be really helpful

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Such peaceful, beautiful moments you've had this week. I'm so glad.
And I love participating in this meme:) Thanks for hosting!

mary333 said...

Hi Colleen! These are beautiful moments. I love watching toddlers on the beach - they are so cute and so completely caught up in the joy of the moment :) Treasure these moments because WOW! do they grow up fast! It seems like just yesterday I was smiling at my own daughter's beach antics as a toddler. The sand itself can entertain them for hours (lol)!

Colleen said...

Barb, you are welcome!

Judy, thank YOU for participating! Yes, I had some real peaceful moments. Praise God!

Mary, I know what you mean. I tried to treasure each moment with my boys and it went too fast. Now my grandson is 14 months already!