Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Time with Jesus

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
Here are some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. Eucharistic Adoration - what a blessing this special hour is. I so look forward to it. Total peace and quiet and the Real Presence of Jesus. What love he must have for us!
2. Silent moments after dinner each night. Taking time to rest and listen to Gregorian chant. Fell asleep one night!!
3. Taking more time also for Lectio divina - praying with scripture.
4. On my way to work one day, I saw large gray clouds filling the sky. Looked stormy and beautiful at the same time. Moved to say thank you to God for such a sight. I was also grateful that I made it into the office before it started pouring! This picture below looks almost exactly like what I saw although there was less blue sky!
Photobucket

7 comments :

Jean Wise said...

I gain a sense of peace and stillness reading your list. Silence is such a key to worship and presence isn't it?

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I LOVE skies before a storm!
So glad that you have an opportunity to be with Jesus in Adoration. This is truly one of the greatest blessings in my life:)
Thanks for helping us "be alert" to God's loving presence in our daily lives!

Colleen said...

Jean, amen!! I so agree. And it is often hard to find. God bless!

Judy, yes, adoration is truly a blessing! Thanks for joining me every week!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Your list reminds me of how we must deliberately make opportunities to be quiet with God, and also that He surprises us delightfully when we aren't expecting it by showing us beauty.

Colleen said...

Barb, amen! Thank you for that insight!

mary333 said...

I'm glad you had so many peaceful moments with God this week, Colleen - we all need quiet time like this. I'm looking forward to going back to Eucharistic Adoration next month. It's been too difficult to go during the summer (though I managed to go during vacation) because I would have to drag all the kids along (my own and my sister's). I know it would probably be good for the kids but the youngest is not even in 1st grade yet and I think it would be difficult for him.

I love the way clouds look when a storm is comming in!

I kept giggling about your word verification comment! You never know what the computer will throw at you! Funny!!

Colleen said...

Mary, I thought you would like that word verification!
I can imagine how much you will enjoy your first hour back! I always feel such joy and relief to make it back when I have missed it.