Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - Giving Thanks

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Thanks, Judy, for helping me keep an "attitude of gratitude!" :)
Some of my blessings this week:
1. This meme - it reminds me to give thanks for all the blessings in my life, no matter what is going on.
2. Today I am giving a short reflection on Mary to a homeschooling group at my parish. Any time I can share my faith and love for Jesus and his mother - it is surely a blessing.
3. My job - many people are struggling. I feel fortunate to have a job and not just any job. I am working at my church and can talk about God all day. What a joy!
4. Allergies are bothering my eyes this year and I am reminded to be so grateful for my vision and all my 5 senses. It is easy to take them for granted.
5. My husband, the sunshine of my life. I am so grateful for his love and his presence in my life.
 
Photobucket

9 comments :

munchesmom said...

#1 is so true! It always helps me to take a break from the hectic rush of life & give thanks for all the blessings God has sent my way, whether they're good (like your #5) or seeing the blessing in a negative (your #4).

Peace & blessings to you!

Colleen said...

munchesmom, thank you! Peace to you too!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praise the Lord for everything ... and for marshmallows.

God bless.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I'm so happy that you (and Munchesmom) enjoy this meme with me each week:) And I wish I could have come to your talk! Any chance you recorded it?

Colleen said...

Victor, definitely marshmallows - :)

Judy, no, but I am going to record it. Soon, I hope. :)

mary333 said...

Colleen,
It really is a great blessing to be able to talk about God whenever you want to. One of the reasons I started blogging is because I couldn't find enough people to talk about God. Last month I was offered a job as the church secretary of my parish but I couldn't take it because of Michaela. Still, it would have been nice...

Colleen said...

Mary, yes, it is a blessing!! One of the best things about working at a church. But still, you are very blessed to be able to be home with your daughter!

Susan K said...

Yes, you are blessed. I've wondered about working at a church, finding some niche in one at some point in my life.

I wonder how your talk went. Mary is a fascinating topic.

I love the spiritual practice of formally and publicly giving thanks every Weds.

Mine thanksgivings are here: http://conjectures.wordpress.com

Colleen said...

Susan, I love this practice of gratitude too! My talk went well, thank you! God bless.