Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Vacation Time!

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
1. Have you seen this post? I took a walk on the beach and it was such a beautiful sabbath moment. Just being there calms me down and makes me smile.
2. My middle-of-the-night hour of Eucharistic Adoration. Quiet. Peaceful. Sitting with Jesus - what a blessing.
3. 2 weeks of vacation was like one long sabbath moment. I was soooo lazy! We went away for a few days but spent the rest of the time, hanging out, sleeping late, reading. I really have to find time for more reading when I get back to work. I have not been doing much of it lately. Amazing how you get caught up in schedules and deadlines and such. Sometimes we just need to stop and look at our lives and see what we are doing and what we are NOT doing. Sabbath moments helps me do that.
Photobucket

7 comments :

Karinann said...

Hi Colleen,
Since I had a Saturday off this week, I thought I would join in Sabbath Moments. I know what you mean about slacking off on reading. I am looking forward to my upcoming retreat to catch up on mine. Glad you had a good and restful vacation. Love the video of your feet :)
Hugs and blessings!

Jade said...

Middle of the night prayers are the best! :)

mary333 said...

Hi Colleen,
I didn't realize you had 2 weeks off! Awesome :) I just watched the beach video in your last post and was thinking that gray days like these on the beach are more enjoyable in many ways than hot, sunny ones. I'm not a fan of the hot sun beating down on me but I love cool days at the beach. It's so peaceful and beautiful when the beach is empty.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Sounds like a great vacation. Yes, I've found a need to make more time for reading - spiritual reading and hobby reading. It relaxes my mind.

Colleen said...

Karinann, oh I am so glad you joined us!!
I have a retreat coming up too. Long overdue. God bless!

Jade - I agree!

Mary, I agree with you. Gray days are the best.

Barb, we all love reading. Why do we have such a hard time finding time? A good idea for a post. :)

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

And isn't it funny how sometimes seeing what we are doing HELPS us to see what we are NOT doing? I'm so glad you enjoyed your vacation and these wonderful Sabbath Moments!

Colleen said...

Judy, yes! I agree - it is funny! Thanks for joining us!!