Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - Back to Work

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Thanks, Judy, for helping me keep an "attitude of gratitude!" :)
Some of my blessings this week:
1. For my job, thank you Lord. Just went back to work after a 2 week vacation. I am so blessed to be working at my church and I am very grateful for my job.
2. My vacation, thank you Lord. So how many of you are wondering how long I am going to milk this vacation time? well, just until I go on retreat and then I will go on and on about that!
3. For books to read, thank you Lord. I got re-aquainted with "light" reading during my time off. I had become too busy to read just for the fun of it and if you are too busy to read, something has to change! It did. I hope.
4. For my hubby, who makes me laugh every single day, thank you Lord. What a gift laughter is. What a blessing my husband is.
5. For today, thank you Lord. For the rain, and for the laughter and for the gift of this day, thank you Lord.
Photobucket

8 comments :

Jade said...

Beautiful list of blessings! I'm also thankful for books & rain. :) :)

munchesmom said...

You & Judy must be on the same wavelength this week...both of you listed books & rain! And what better time for light reading than when it's raining :)

Colleen said...

Jade, thank you!

munchesmom, I agree - reading while sitting in a comfy chair and watching the rain outside - heaven!

Jean Wise said...

Love your lists. Yes thank you Lord for work and for books.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

"for the gift of this day"
Wow. I love that.
I am so glad that you had such a wonderful vacation AND that you have a job to return to that you enjoy so very much. Thanks for sharing your grateful heart!

Colleen said...

Jean, thank you!

Judy, I try to remember that each day is a gift. This meme helps me to do that - thank you!

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

I love books! I too am trying to find more time for reading. It has been good. Sorry I've been 'out of the loop' lately.

Colleen said...

Eileen, glad to see you! God bless!