Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thankful for Blessings- The Gift of Pictures

Judy is a special blogging friend of mine. She has been an inspiration to me and has helped me in so many ways. Please join Judy at her blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. When we remember our blessings, we find that we have a new attitude of gratitude! Just write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. And be sure to check out Judy's book and her Blog Talk Radio Show!

My blessings this week:
1. A beautiful sunrise yesterday. Pink and peach color. God gives us so much beauty. Thank you, Lord!
2. My family is giving me a new camera for my birthday so I can take great pictures of these sunrises and sunsets! Thank you, Lord!
3. Beautiful clear, cool days this week! In Florida! The temps dropped down in the morning to the 50's. In April! What a nice surprise! Thank you, Lord!
4. My RA is doing well lately. Less pain. Who knows why? I just enjoy it when I can! Thank you, Lord!
5. My grandson, Landan, is so adorable and, I might add, a great Mickey fan! I will be able to take great pictures of Landan, too! Thank you, Lord!



Photobucket

13 comments:

Nancy said...

What a cutie!! I'm also thinking about how thankful I am for you, Colleen!

munchesmom said...

Why YES, that little grandson of yours IS adorable!

I'm always amazed at the beauty God paints in the sky for us. I came downstairs this morning to see little wispy, pink clouds...very pretty!

Colleen said...

Nancy, thank you! I am thankful for you too!

munchesmom, God is a master artist! AND creator of adorable grandbabies! :)

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

CUTIE, indeed!
I will look forward to you sharing the new photos you get to take of this little sweetie with your new camera!
Guess what? We had a SNOW storm the other day! Can you believe it? CRAZY!
I love your description of the sunsets in FL! Thanks for this joyful list!

Colleen said...

Judy, snow!!!!????!?!?!? What weird weather this year!
You can be sure I will have more pix of my cutie! And sunsets and sunrises! :)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy Birthday Colleen and many happy returns.

May God bless you always.

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you ! God bless you too!

mary333 said...

Landan is adorable. I'm glad you're enjoying nice weather, Colleen - ours has been wacko. Got up to ninety in March and down to 30 a few days ago. At least we didn't get snow like Judy! Thankfully I brought my flowers in. I started a lot of them in pots because of the weather.

Happy Birthday! I hope you will enjoy the new camera!

Colleen said...

Mary, we went down to 40's the other day. This has not been a normal winter and spring for anyone. Very weird. Starting flowers in pots was a great idea! God bless!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

I am looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Colleen said...

Thanks Barb! It will be fun!

Kathleen Basi said...

We just bought a new camera and are enjoying it very much, though we haven't gotten to try landscapes yet--only kid pics. But I was just thinking this a.m. how very grateful I am that we have the gift of photos to hold moments that are otherwise gone altogether.

Colleen said...

Kathleen, I know what you mean! Photos of our families and our events are so special and important to keep. When my children were little, my hubby took the still photos and I took the movies. I much prefer the photos. We look at them more often!