Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Thankful for Blessings - I Am Grateful!

Please join my special friend Judy at her blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. Let's cultivate an attitude of gratitude! Just write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Be sure to visit her Homeschool website  - it is awesome. And she has a great newsletter too! Thanks for this meme, Judy!
God is good! Here are some of my blessings from this past week:

1. I am now a guest writer for Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate. My first article has been published there. I am so grateful for the opportunity to continue to write and share about my life with God. Thank you, Lord.
2. I am grateful for my youngest son's phone call the other day. He just wanted to say hello. I miss my boys a lot and a call out of the blue like that can mean so much.
3. I am grateful for the gift of laughter. What a blessing that is, especially when times are tough or I am feeling low. Joy is the infallible sign of the presence of God - (Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, SJ)
4. I am grateful that my husband loves to cook and he baked me chocolate chip cookies this week. He know I had a craving. They are not on my diet but we all need a treat once in awhile right?
5. I am grateful for candles. My favorite scents are vanilla and apple. Looking forward to some balsalm smells for Christmas. We do not have those smells in Florida! 


Photobucket

10 comments:

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen,

I think that sons still need their mothers even when they are grown up. I bet your son was just as pleased to talk to you as you were to hear from him.

Congratulations on becoming a writer for the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate! I will follow the link and share your post.

My husband sometimes brings me a surprise delicious cake home from the bakery for my afternoon tea. Yes, we all appreciate and need a treat every now and then. Your husband sounds very caring.

God bless you!

Maria said...

Congrats on your new writing opportunity! I KNOW you'll do a great job & really enjoy it!

I also love candles. A friend gave me a margarita scented one & I've been burning it lately...YUMMY!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's great that you can now write on another website and spread the Christian message. Well done and congratulations.

God bless.

Judy Dudich said...

How sweet of your son to call and say hi. What a joy that must have brought to your day! Those cookies sound very yummy! YOU DESERVE A TREAT, for sure! Congratulations on your new writing position! Your writings are such a blessing to the world! LOVE LOVE LOVE candles!

Eileen Miller said...

Love your first article. So many wonderful blessings for you...I'm so glad.

Colleen said...

Sue, yes, there is something special about a mother and son relationship. Thanks for the congrats.
Both our husbands are very caring. We are surely blessed.

Maria, thank you so much for the congrats! Margarita scent sounds interesting!

Victor, Thank you too for the congrats! God bless!

Judy, yes, that call came at the right time on the right day. Thanks for this meme! Candles and cookies, what more do we need to finish up our day? :)

Eileen, you read it already? Thank you! I appreciate it. God bless!

Kathleen Basi said...

I love that your son called you. I think that will be me and my oldest someday--I had a vivid image of the whole thing, and it was a little bittersweet.

Colleen said...

Kathleen, it can be bittersweet at times. I miss the days when they were boys and I am proud of them as men. I am blessed.

Joann Nelander said...

Colleen, you prove simple blessings are the best, being so plentiful, and like beauty, in the eye of the beholder.

I am a bit envious of your having a husband who loves to cook. Hmmmm,chocolate chip cookies.

Colleen said...

Joann, I know I am so lucky to have a hubby who loves to cook. And I mean he really, really, really loves it.
I do try to find God in the simple things. I like simple things and the simple life. God bless!