Sunday, December 9, 2012

Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord

"A voice of one crying out in the desert: 'Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight his paths.'" (Luke 3:4)
Advent is a time of preparation. 
We prepare ourselves for the coming of the Lord into our hearts. 
We pray that any obstacles to Jesus' birth in our hearts will be removed so His path is straight. 
Sometimes I feel like I am a voice in the desert. I struggle with my advent preparations. I struggle because I have such a long things-to-do list. Christmas shopping, decorations, cards. Work is crazy busy. 
But I have to make time for prayer. I have to put Jesus first. After all, Jesus is the reason for the Season. So I am keeping it simple this year. Less decorations. Fewer cards. More prayer. 
Come, Lord Jesus.  
Oh Jesus,  Help me to keep you first. Help me to prepare my heart for you. I bring you my failings, my worries, my burdens. I choose to put you first, Lord. I love you. Help me to keep you first. Amen.

7 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Amen to your sentiments and prayer.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Thank you Victor! God bless you too!

Jean Wise said...

I agree with you re simplicity. I keep asking myself - how will I be different by Christmas? What will I heard new this year?

Colleen said...

Jean, I like your questions. How will I be different?

Barbara Schoeneberger said...

Colleen, as we get older we do need to simplify so we don't get distracted from Jesus.

noreen said...

Amen to your prayer.

Colleen said...

Noreen, thank you! God bless!