Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Thankful for Blessings - Sunsets and Balsalm

Every Wednesday we take time to remember and to share some of the many blessings we receive from God. Please join us! And be sure to visit our hostess Judy at her blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings and her website and her new blog - Catholic Mom Cafe. Check it out! Congrats Judy!

1. I am grateful that my retreat went well last weekend. The retreatants seemed to enjoy it and I did too! A great way to start advent. Thank you, Lord.
2. I am grateful for candles and especially the balsalm ones at this time of year that make my Christmas tree smell "real!" Thank you, Lord.
3. I am grateful for my mother and for our weekly phone calls. We live so far apart but we can talk as if we are in the same room.Thank you, Lord.
4. I am grateful for Advent and the spiritual resources available to us online or in books and at our parishes, etc. I am enjoying some podcasts and new reflections as we travel towards Christmas. Thank you, Lord.
5. I am grateful for beautiful sunsets on my home from work and this week I actually got a picture so you can see too! Thank you, Lord.  




Photobucket

12 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

We have so much to be thankful for. Praise the Lord.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Yes we do! Thank you Victor!

Jean Wise said...

We had a beautiful sunset yesterday too. I am amazed at the volume of resources available for Advent any more. Seems like there is an abundance this year. Much to be grateful for!

Maria said...

What a beautiful sunset! Thank you for sharing it.

Mmmmm! Love that balsam scent, esp. this time of year. I'll have to go through my candles & see if I have any left.

Colleen said...

Jean, I agree. There are lot so resources this year. I have to be careful that I dont go overboard!

Maria, I just loved that sunset! hope you find the balsalm!

Judy Dudich said...

That IS a beautiful sunset! Thanks for sharing...I am BLESSED by your list!
And GUESS WHAT???? Your Advent Wreath is WORKING NOW!!! I can SEE IT! I'm going to try to re-load and see if it works for me, too!

Nancy Shuman said...

Yes, it is a glorious sunset. And I love the Advent look of your blog!

Colleen said...

Judy, hope the advent wreath works for you! Isn't that weird?

Nancy, thank you!

ellengable said...

Beautiful sunset and I also love the smell of balsam! God bless, Colleen!

Colleen said...

Thank you Ellen! God bless you too!

Melanie jean juneau said...

Beautiful.Gratefulness is the key to joy and to the spiritual life

Colleen said...

Melanie, thank you!