Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Deo Gratias - A New Meme


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for - Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Join me every week in this meme to remember our many blessings and to thank the Lord!
I will extol you, my God and king; I will bless your name forever and ever. - Psalm 145:1
Be sure to grab the button for this meme. List 5 or more blessings from God on your blog then link back to my blog post and post your link below. This way we can share our many blessings with each other and all who visit us.

1. The beautiful moon I saw the other night. A full moon. No stars. Looked like it was just hanging there. Thank you Lord!
2. The nudge the Lord gave me to start this meme. I need to remember my blessings on a regular basis so I am reminded to be grateful for everything. I know that it was a nudge from the Lord because it would not let me go.
3. I had a colonoscopy a few weeks go and everything is fine. I do not need another one for 10 years. Woo hoo!
4. Blogging buddies. Thank you Lord for my blogging friends. I miss my pal Judy who used to do the Thankful Blessings meme on Wednesdays. She has left the blogging world as she felt called to move on to other things. I am grateful that I "met" her online. Who knew that friendships would happen when we started blogging? I didn't!
5. My hubby who makes me smile and supports me in all I do. He is the one who came up with the title for this meme. Thank you hon! And thank you Lord!

9 comments:

mary333 said...

I'd be grateful if I didn't need a colonoscopy for ten more years too :)
Great list, Colleen, and great name for a meme!

Colleen said...

Mary, thank you! I like the name of the meme too! And I am so happy to see you back in the blogging world!

Maria said...

Thank you for starting this meme, Colleen! I look forward to participating. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a post up later today. And YES, I love the name, too!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

We have plenty to be thankful for.

I did see that full moon the other day. It must have travelled very fast to reach you as well as me.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you!

Victor, love your comment about the moon!
:)
Thank you!

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen,

Another night sky painting! And I am so glad to hear the colonoscopy results are all clear.

God bless you!

Colleen said...

Sue, can you tell I love looking at the sky? :)
God bless!

Michael said...

I LOVE this. We are all so blessed. What a great idea to "smell the roses" and count them all.

God Bless.

Colleen said...

Michael, yes, we are all blessed. It helps to count the blessings. I do not want to forget how much gifts God gives me every day. God bless you too!