Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Midnight Mass

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.

I had many sabbath moments throughout the Christmas and New Year's weeks. But there was one moment when God seemed the most present to me. When I felt the most aware and at peace.
Midnight Mass.
Eucharist. Peace. Dark. Light. Christmas carols. Serenity. Beauty. Mass.
That was the beginning of Christmas for me. The high point. That was when I was reminded of what this celebration is all about. I felt grounded and ready to celebrate after that. Ready to love and hug my children and grandchildren and not worry or fret about gifts or how parties will go. Not worry about anything.
What else matters after celebrating the Incarnation?
The rest is all just decorations on the cake. Nuts sprinkled on the fudge. The gifts and parties are just added flavor. If any of it went wrong, it would not change that God came to his children.
The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.
Thank you, Jesus.

2 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It is so great to focus on the real meaning of Christmas.

May His light and blessings shine upon you and yours throughout the Year.

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you so much for your prayer.